What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL stadiums forum

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I guess this is directed at Coby & the admins in general. Are you able to add a new subforum specifically for discussion about stadiums and centres of excellence?

There's currently one thread in the NRL forum which covers everything. A new subforum with dedicated topics on each venue would make things a hell of a lot easier to follow, especially when we have so many under-construction or in the pipeline (Redcliffe, Parra, Townsville, Stadium Aus, SFS, Canberra) as well as the centres of excellence/new HQ's going up (Bris, GC, Sydney teams).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Really doesn't seem like a forum that would receive much traffic but its worth discussion.

I'll have a look over the thread of which you speak, meanwhile if there is any further support for such a forum I would like to hear from other members.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our stadiums thread in the NRL Forum seems to have generated a lot of interest so if we still have the interest in this topic we may consider a sub forum specifically to discuss NRL stadiums.

Appreciate any discussion or feedback.

Saint Doc

Coach
There are essentially 3 threads I religiously visit - stadiums, crowds and jerseys. These three "super threads" seem to have a similar following of posters....fans who like the "big picture" business side of things, rather than just the latest Todd Carney atrocity.

I wouldn't mind a forum dedicated to these topics...they're all similar in that they are 'ongoing' topics over years, with a common link of the "sports business" side of the NRL. But the condition of my support for a new forum would be that they were moderated a bit stronger. At the moment I have numerous posters ignored because all they do is troll these threads, seemingly without any penalty.

As much as I give him shit sometimes, @Timmah would be the perfect moderator for such a forum. Big contributor to all 3 threads and the best "forum cop" in the business.

jim_57

Staff member
I think it's a good idea, with so many things ongoing the superthread seems to go off on tangents and everything else gets buried and forgotten under the Sydney Stadium debate at the minute.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can see the point of such a sub-forum but I do wonder if such sub-forums would dilute the discussion in the main NRL section.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
As a stadiums nut it is a big yes from me. I used to regularly visit the Austadiums forum but that has died down now

Personally I don't think a sub-forum is warranted at this time. We have one thread ongoing due to what is going on at the moment (especially in Sydney) but I doubt there is enough to warrant a new sub-forum dedicated to it.

Stallion

First Grade
I think it's a good idea, with so many things ongoing the superthread seems to go off on tangents and everything else gets buried and forgotten under the Sydney Stadium debate at the minute.

Yes. Agree. I've noticed a thread created for junior development and basically aimed to cover what the NRL is or is not doing has gone by the wayside? A real shame as that is a constructive topic.

Latest posts