What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Supporter (need team to support)

Lord help me I ended up with Warriors then I retook it and ended up with Sharks.
Thank f**k for that. It's an upgrade from a club with no premierships in 23 seasons to one with one in 51. Although the Warriors are due a classic NRL leg-up to the title sooner or later.

AJB1102

First Grade
Im going to watch a sport fulltime, based on a whim, but no nothing about it.

Seems like complete bollocks to me.

You think everyone is a fake. A fair enough assumption but it must be just you & kungle here.

Or just you...

Spudd

Juniors
Don’t support the Dragons.
It’s a health hazard.
I know this from experience.

Edit: Saw the maple leafs logo so assumed you were from Canada. Excuse the comparisons. Where you from mate?

South Sydney or St George Illawarra would be the logical choices for heritage and history. South's have won the most competitions and the Dragon's big red V is the world's most iconic Rugby League Jersey.
They are also (possibly along with Parra) the most supported clubs in a national and international diaspora sense.
The Dragons are a joint venture between St. George and the Illawarra Steelers (an industrial region to the south of Sydney...Hamilton to Toronto would be an apt comparison). St George brought history and success to to the table and the Steelers brought a massive junior base and a non-Sydney Rugby League heartland.
Souths on other hand are historically an inner city working class club traditionally based in a now largely gentrified part of town (think cabbagetown). The large indigenous population around redfern mean South Sydney have and always will be regarded as being linked to the aboriginal community.
Steer clear of the Roosters. They are Souths richer, less successful cousins from a historically wealthier part of town. They are famously heartless and poorly supported despite the $$$.

Newcastle is a non-Sydney heartland club fallen on some tough times but will rise again.

Parramatta are also a big brand and widely considered to be sleeping giants.

Steer clear of any club that aligned with super league. 22 years on, it is still an unacceptable and frankly embarrassing stain on any club's history. It is the hallmark of a heartless entity.

Good luck and happy choosing.

Canard

Immortal
You think everyone is a fake. A fair enough assumption but it must be just you & kungle here.

Or just you...

Considering old mate, hasn't posted again I'd say it's pretty obvious.

Kungl is a weird one to mention, considering he has about 4 alts.

Zadar

Juniors
Edit: Saw the maple leafs logo so assumed you were from Canada. Excuse the comparisons. Where you from mate?

South Sydney or St George Illawarra would be the logical choices for heritage and history. South's have won the most competitions and the Dragon's big red V is the world's most iconic Rugby League Jersey.
They are also (possibly along with Parra) the most supported clubs in a national and international diaspora sense.
The Dragons are a joint venture between St. George and the Illawarra Steelers (an industrial region to the south of Sydney...Hamilton to Toronto would be an apt comparison). St George brought history and success to to the table and the Steelers brought a massive junior base and a non-Sydney Rugby League heartland.
Souths on other hand are historically an inner city working class club traditionally based in a now largely gentrified part of town (think cabbagetown). The large indigenous population around redfern mean South Sydney have and always will be regarded as being linked to the aboriginal community.
Steer clear of the Roosters. They are Souths richer, less successful cousins from a historically wealthier part of town. They are famously heartless and poorly supported despite the $$$.

Newcastle is a non-Sydney heartland club fallen on some tough times but will rise again.

Parramatta are also a big brand and widely considered to be sleeping giants.

Steer clear of any club that aligned with super league. 22 years on, it is still an unacceptable and frankly embarrassing stain on any club's history. It is the hallmark of a heartless entity.

Good luck and happy choosing.

LOL, heritage and history alright, St George Illawarra have been in the competition for 20yrs.

The Las Vegas knights have about as much history as them.