What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owners

Gauci can largely thank Bellamy for holding the side together during the salary cap scandal and keeping the team competitive. If our performance on the field flopped,which could have easily happended, i don't think Gauci would be regarded as successful.

Morfs

Juniors
A bit of a shame about Ron Gauci leaving, as he did do a good job, and I think he and Bellamy (amongst others at the club) both deserve credit for pulling the organisation through 2010, and putting it in a better place now than it was before that. I suspect it was probably part of his appointment that he would step down once the club was sold.

What I'm concerned about is what the News Ltd. coverage of the Storm will be like now that they have no stake in the club. Even at it's best, the Herald Sun coverage came off as more of a token effort for the most part. Will it get worse? Will it improve?

Do each of the Owners (Ryan, Campbell Tripp and Watt) have an equal share in the Storm? If things go pear shaped, who and how can people be held accountable? It would be a shame if everything was hidden under the veil of confidentiality.

Last edited:

Morfs

Juniors
Do each of the Owners (Ryan, Campbell Tripp and Watt) have an equal share in the Storm? If things go pear shaped, who and how can people be held accountable? It would be a shame if everything was hidden under the veil of confidentiality.

I guess it would depend on their share of the company that owns the club now. I.e. if they all owned equal share of the company, then that would translate to equal share of the club.

I thought there were four new owners? 25% each? I suspect that, whatever happens, there would be appropriate provisions to cover one or more members leaving, either in the company's charter/whatever, or Aussie Company law.

I guess it would depend on their share of the company that owns the club now. I.e. if they all owned equal share of the company, then that would translate to equal share of the club.

I thought there were four new owners? 25% each? I suspect that, whatever happens, there would be appropriate provisions to cover one or more members leaving, either in the company's charter/whatever, or Aussie Company law.

There are 4 owners, as stated in my previous post.
Your guess is as good as mine.:roll:

Last edited:

Morfs

Juniors
There are 4 owners, as stated in my previous post.
Your guess is as good as mine.:roll:

Oops, misread the names.

Hopefully it'll all go well, though. If anything, I could see one or more of the current owners buying the others out or being bought out by others down the track. I doubt there'll be much trouble in future though. Hopefully.

Latest posts