What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW RECRUITS 2018

A lot is riding on the arrival of Ben Hunt and now also James Graham in 2018

After watching Hunt play today it just re affirms the fact that he is only human after all and maybe we should temper our expectations in terms of the impact he will have next year.
1. Will Hunt he be able to develop a dynamic combination with Widdop?
Until now Widdop has struggled to form cohesive partnerships with whoever he is paired with.
When you draw a line through Benji's performance for the Broncos tonight, you have to wonder why he could never play like that for us?
2. Graham could either be a huge asset and fill an important leadership role in our pack OR he could prove to be a tired old prop at the end of his career. A three year contract is a big gamble in my opinion.

My point is that we are expecting big things from these 2 - especially Hunt and I would be very interested to see how they go.
To induct new chums into the squad, you also need to have a coach that inspires confidence and that has the ability to get the best out of his charges.

Will McGregor be able to pull this together and make it work or are we in for another disappointing 2018?

dragon-83

Juniors

After watching Hunt play today it just re affirms the fact that he is only human after all and maybe we should temper our expectations in terms of the impact he will have next year.
Until now Widdop has struggled to form cohesive partnerships with whoever he is paired with.
When you draw a line through Benji's performance for the Broncos tonight, you have to wonder why he could never play like that for us?
2. Graham could either be a huge asset and fill an important leadership role in our pack OR he could prove to be a tired old prop at the end of his career. A three year contract is a big gamble in my opinion.

My point is that we are expecting big things from these 2 - especially Hunt and I would be very interested to see how they go.
To induct new chums into the squad, you also need to have a coach that inspires confidence and that has the ability to get the best out of his charges.

Will McGregor be able to pull this together and make it work or are we in for another disappointing 2018?
Yea are all expecting to much from Ben Hunt. If the team doen not make the 8 in 2018 surley McGregor has to go if i were in charge i would get rid of him immediately.

The calm one

Juniors
They are both excellent additions but we are still missing a fast talented backline. Our 1-5 is probably the worst in the comp.
Mick Ennis summed it last week. Next year, from prop to 5/8 it looks brilliant, after that it goes down hill rapidly
They are both excellent additions but we are still missing a fast talented backline. Our 1-5 is probably the worst in the comp.

denis preston

First Grade

Dont know about Benjis performance.Made a lot of errors particularly when the game was there to be won.

This Year?

Immortal
It's time to do a Brisbane and invent TPA's and it's time to do a Melbourne and get a 2nd set of contracts.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Dont know about Benjis performance.Made a lot of errors particularly when the game was there to be won.

I was one of Benji's biggest critics when he was here but I thought he was very good lat night , in spite of his errors ,he set up two of their tries ,but yes as you say he had some errors in him,without they don't get lose to the Roosters.

I was one of Benji's biggest critics when he was here but I thought he was very good lat night , in spite of his errors ,he set up two of their tries ,but yes as you say he had some errors in him,without they don't get lose to the Roosters.
Yes he made some errors but he seems to be playing at a different level than when he was pairing with Widdop.
The 40/20 to Ferguson nearly won the game.
He looked like he knew what his role was and seemed composed.
No passes into touch which he did many time for us.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Yes he made some errors but he seems to be playing at a different level than when he was pairing with Widdop.
It is called having a Tier 1 coach.

Bennet has a reputation for bringing the best out of players. Oh hang on, he is a Tier 1 coach.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It is called having a Tier 1 coach.

Bennet has a reputation for bringing the best out of players. Oh hang on, he is a Tier 1 coach.
Let's face it the Donkeys and the Strokers they are both cheats of the highest order they are the Kings and queens of the nrl treated like royalty while the Sydney clubs are the beggars living of the scraps.and soon to be shifted one or two of them .watch this space.

getsmarty

Immortal

Common denominator = Coach

The thing that annoys me is the sheer arrogance of the Bronco's Brisbane could easily have a second team yet those f**king cock breaths at Red Hill have the monoply on everything that is league.

Funny though they have let the Purple scum plant their feet firmly along the Sunny Coast.