What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Frenzy.

Immortal
I meant halves, can't see a half of value coming on the market unless the Norman rumours of a while back had any truth to them (not liking Arthur).

Would we actually want/need another centre unless we wanted Dugan at fb?

Heres what I think. Despite his politicing around Pippi, Pissflap knows that Pippi is a farked option at 1. He knows it but says the “right” things publically.

I think he’ll look at any option to get someone else back there.

Bubba junior ain’t ready but there is a reason he is training with the ones for sure.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wonder if he will be backup or Flanno will go with Moylan at the back (his plan all along) after publicly claiming Val as the fullback.

Expensive backup. Supposed to be on $800,000 with the Knights this year.

Now if I remember rightly if a player asks for a release the club releasing isnt obliged to fork out any cash. That only kicks in if they are shown the door. Correct me if this is now incorrect.

He hasnt been shown the door at the Knights. Just moved down the pecking order

Frenzy.

Immortal

Now if I remember rightly if a player asks for a release the club releasing isnt obliged to fork out any cash. That only kicks in if they are shown the door. Correct me if this is now incorrect.

Hmm interesting. Apparently Hodko has had a pre payment for 2018.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5101208/is-trent-hodkinson-on-the-move/

Ads

First Grade

Ahh ok, I just assumed the knights would be chipping in on his deal. He would be insane to walk away from that, even if he gets a starting gig elsewhere surely no one is paying 800k for him.

shaggs

Coach
Ahh ok, I just assumed the knights would be chipping in on his deal. He would be insane to walk away from that, even if he gets a starting gig elsewhere surely no one is paying 800k for him.

Is he the type of player who wants to be paid $800k to play Reggies or the type of bloke who takes $400k to give first grade another shake??

Weaponhead

Coach
Depends on the role. If signed as starting 6 or 7 with farked knees then no. If knees ok and playing as a back up/mentor to jnr then ok.

He is at least a quality person from all reports.

Ads

First Grade
Reeks a bit of a Jeff Robson signing. No one else available so we better get him.

I don’t think he makes us a better attcking team.
Not on his own but allowing Moylan to play fb and link both sides probably does.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Would be a good running 6.... but also a million times worse defensively than Jimmy.... he can't tackle a Sunday dinner... sometimes it looks like he doesn't even try, just throws himself on the floor and flaps and arm at the ankles.

You referring to former NRL Alby or current SL Alby?

chewsta

First Grade
Isn't Alby part of the crew with a courtcase against the club?

Oh and a big no to hoko from me. His best is well behind him. If he was doing well, the knights would find a place in the team for him.

Barba
Maloney
Townsend
Ennis

Holmes
Maloney
Townsend
Brailey

2018?
1)
Holmes
Moylan
Townsend
Brailey
2)
Moylan
Townsend
Hodko
Brailey

FMD

Stake Removed

First Grade
With Panthers looking to release Peachey, Titans in hunt he might fix our 5/8 problem, we could use Leutele with Titans wanting him.

Peachey is a ball player and option at 5/8

Barba
Maloney
Townsend
Ennis

Holmes
Maloney
Townsend
Brailey

2018?
1)
Holmes
Moylan
Townsend
Brailey
2)
Moylan
Townsend
Hodko
Brailey

FMD

Thank f**k we won the Comp when we did BBB. Mind you I’m expecting a huge season from Brailey this year and I think our pack will be quite a unit.