What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

big hit!

Bench
The right decision was made. Moylan and Tedesco both in the team is the best possible outcome for the future of NSW. Bloody unfortunate that it came at the expense of an injury to Reynolds. The only change I'd make to the team as it stands is Ferguson out, Bird to centre, Jennings or anyone else with a bit of speed to the wing (e.g. Roberts, Morris), and Cartwright onto the bench. Well that and Farah out for Peats.
Reynolds wasn't going to be a long-termer IMO. Doesn't have the all-round game a half needs to survive at this level.

I think if Moylan is used as a half, it could be an insight into something we may see regularly in the future. Need to remember that Maloney is into his 30s and the only replacements I can see coming through at this stage are Brooks.

Sure, Moylan is untried as a half at NRL level let alone in the rep arena, but he has played plenty of football in the past there. The move to being a #3 defender is the bigger challenge than anything he may be asked to do with ball in hand. It's probably the reason I'd be wary to throw him into this game.

lynx000

Juniors
Reynolds wasn't going to be a long-termer IMO. Doesn't have the all-round game a half needs to survive at this level.

I think if Moylan is used as a half, it could be an insight into something we may see regularly in the future. Need to remember that Maloney is into his 30s and the only replacements I can see coming through at this stage are Brooks.

Sure, Moylan is untried as a half at NRL level let alone in the rep arena, but he has played plenty of football in the past there. The move to being a #3 defender is the bigger challenge than anything he may be asked to do with ball in hand. It's probably the reason I'd be wary to throw him into this game.

What about Cleary, he looks to be a cut above Brooks?

big hit!

Bench
What about Cleary, he looks to be a cut above Brooks?

Cleary's got potential. Let see him play out the season.

I'd also like to see Brooks get a regular run of games without relying on hand brake Farah distributing the pill. I reckon it'll make a big difference to both Brooks' and Moses' game.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Brooks is crap, he simply cannot or chooses not to defend. Easily the shittest defensive player in the NRL

No way an origin team carries a bloke like that

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks is crap, he simply cannot or chooses not to defend. Easily the shittest defensive player in the NRL

No way an origin team carries a bloke like that

Dunno if youve watched any Tigers games lately, doubt you have but Brooks defense is easily the most improved aspect of his game...last few weeks i've seen him dominate players in tackles

I do still think he's around 2-3 years away from an origin jersey but

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Admittedly I haven't watched all that many Tigers games this year but last night he got shown up massively in defence a few times. Looked a lot like the issues he had a few years ago so I'm not convinced he's improved all that much

8 missed tackles last night and 75 for these season so far