What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand Test Centres!

singaporeXIII

Juniors
With Nigel Vagana only played one game back from injury and suspended this weekend he will have very little match fitness. Surely too soon to play at test level. Also Clinton Toopi's form of late doesn't warrant for test selection either. That leaves the 2 centre pairings in the air. I would suggest Whatuira, Sonny-Bill Williams, Vaeliki or even Lolesi who has been playing good footy of late. Who would you choose as your NZ centre pairing?

carlnz

Bench
What ever, centers will be Toopi/Anderson or Toopi Vagana...They have already said they are going to pick players who have pride in playing for the jumper and the team that played in the last test will be considered cos they did a fine job....Toopi went banananas in the last test...and so did anderson....he cryed before running out on the field...swilliams played crap last night and whaturia cant make the penrith starting team!

Matt M

Juniors
I would choose either Vagana, Anderson or Whatuira. At his best Toopi would easily make it but over the last few weeks he's been pretty bad.

In-goal

Bench
This is the sort of match that could fire up the likes of Toopi for the rest of the season, maybe he just needs the incentive of playing in the Black and white.

Ideal kiwi team.

R.Paul Bradford
F.Meli Warriors
C.toopi Warriors
N.Vangana Cronulla
L.Vainakolo Bradford
T.Lelui Warriors
S.Jones Warriors

N.Cayless Parramatta
T.Latu Warriors
J.Cayless Easts
T.Pulatua Penrith
J.Gnalavou Penrith
R.Wiki Canberra Captain

playdaball

Bench
On form Lolesi would be their ahead of Whatuira, Toopi, Anderson or Vagana. But both Toopi and Vagana have the X factor.

singaporeXIII

Juniors
carlnz said:
What ever, centers will be Toopi/Anderson or Toopi Vagana...They have already said they are going to pick players who have pride in playing for the jumper and the team that played in the last test will be considered cos they did a fine job....Toopi went banananas in the last test...and so did anderson....he cryed before running out on the field...swilliams played crap last night and whaturia cant make the penrith starting team!

I must agree Anderson is a good choice for centre. Vinnie Anderson has plenty of pride in the jersey. Toopi was playing great last season but on form he is definately not playing anywhere near his best. Last night I don't think he wanted to be out there. I just don't think Vagana is ready to play at test level after being out for so long. Would Australia include Joey Johns as his 2nd game back after a long injury straight into a test match? As for Whatuira not being able to make the starting penrith line up, he has got Girdler and Lewis playing centres in front of him who are both Australian rep players. As soon as girdler retires, Whatuira will be one of penrith's starting centres.

ripper

Toopi will get in because his names Clinton Toopi and on his day hes f**king unstoppable.

Which leaves the other jersey. The way I see it's a 3 way battle between Vagana, Vinnie and Lolesi.

I tip that Vinnie will get a spot on the bench because he can also play in the foward pack if required and Lolesi to get the other jersey