What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand vs. Australia

Joker's Wild

Coach
It looks like Tim Sheens has no intention of including Darius Boyd in the full strength squad for the final. If he did he would have had him on the wing and not covering for Billy Slater who will definitely be in the squad next week.

It's a disgrace that he can be part of a full strength QLD side (as a winger) that has won 5 series in a row, win the CC medal and be right up there for one of the form players of the competition for the season and not manage to be part of the Australian squad despite injuries to the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Michael Jennings and Jamie Lyon.

He won the Dally M playing at fullback and did all his best work from there yet to favour him for Slater would be madness (I know you are not suggesting this). My fat aunty could have played wing for Qld in the last 5 series and they still would have killed NSW, Boyd offered minimal input on the wing.

He deserves a spot but unfortunantly has Slater in front of him and really isnt an outstanding winger

Usain Bolt

Bench
NZ wont like the look of that forward pack.

the Bash Brothers Bird and Gallen are definitely gonna intimidate the Kiwis

adamkungl

Immortal
Going in with a bench including at least 2 of Farah, sh*tley and Young?
Sheens is a loonie...

Danish

Referee
Aussies have named a second string side I see.

Really not a bad move from their point of view. Get fllogged by the Kiwis, ah well, that was our second side.

Win, and they have a huge boost in confidence for the top side.

Disappointing for potentially the biggest crowd at a RL match in NZ for 22 years, maybe ever. Hope the Kiwis put 30 on them. That won't happen as its still a good side, but that would be the only thing that would really make Sheen's move backfire.

This "2nd string" side looks to be better than the 1st string side in my books.

All the selector favourites are gone, and all the 2010 FORM players are in.

RedVee

First Grade
It would have been nice to play some of these guys against PNG, but the fact that the Storm and Broncs didnt play Finals would have put paid to that. I think Tiger Tim sshould have played a couple of these guys in each of the first two games, rather than the same team in both of the first two games and then changes now. Anyway, his call.
I'm a little surprised he didn't put Boyd in right centre in place of Tate.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Please please please drop Gidley.

Farah should have been there in the first place - even Bird can be a utility off the bench. What can Gidley do that those 2 can't?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Please please please drop Gidley.

Farah should have been there in the first place - even Bird can be a utility off the bench. What can Gidley do that those 2 can't?

Agreed. A Sheens coached side at Test level sees little worth in Gidley as evidenced already this Four Nations. I'd have played Dean Young or Greg Bird in his place as both are going to be able to play in the back row or hooker if required. Gidley was wasted.

ozbash

Referee
Yes

Both would be happy to win both games.

Both would be happy to lose this week and win next.

Neither side would be happy to win this week and lose next week.

righto, understood :p

NZ wont like the look of that forward pack.

the Bash Brothers Bird and Gallen are definitely gonna intimidate the Kiwis

lol, sure....

hutch

First Grade
Bird: Backrow, 5/8
Farah: Hooker, halfback
Gidley: Fullback, centre, 5/8, halfback, hooker, backrow

These are all the positions those players have played in at either 1st grade or rep level to my knowledge.

Gids simply covers more positions. Whether the Aust side needs that is a different question

you said gidley can do what bird and farah can do "combined" plus fullback. so by combined, you mean he can play just as well at hooker, halfback, 5/8th and backrow which are farah's and bird's positions which is simply not true. they are far superior to gidley in all of these positions, therefore gidley cannot do what farah and bird can do combined. hence my hahahahahahaha!

Joker's Wild

Coach
you said gidley can do what bird and farah can do "combined" plus fullback. so by combined, you mean he can play just as well at hooker, halfback, 5/8th and backrow which are farah's and bird's positions which is simply not true. they are far superior to gidley in all of these positions, therefore gidley cannot do what farah and bird can do combined. hence my hahahahahahaha!

Happy to clarify, although I thought it was obvious when I mentioned fullback that I was talking about positions.

Batman Returns

Juniors
I hope we thrash the dog-shaggers on the weekend!!! Should be a cracking game; I'm going - a packed house, a great contest, and a first look at the revamped Eden Park; awesome!!