What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News from my spy

Frenzy

Juniors
My operative in the CSDJRL attended a meeting last week and has some interesting news re the Sharks coaching staff for 2004

The mole tells me that "officially" Ando is still the coach for 2004 - well we all knew that.

The club is gearing for a huge battle with Ando as no one at the club expects him to walk.

But the plan for if he goes, one way or another is nearly in place.

Jason Williams (ex Bulldog) was this week appointed Flegg coach. He is an Ando man. He has been told outright he may only have the job for a month.

Fizman, you were right in the end, as Aaron Raper has decided not to play the politics and has accepted a position with St George as John Cross' assistant in the Flegg side.

Aaron was to be Flegg coach if Ando goes, so now we are looking for a replacement if that scenario comes about.

SR is obviously the "official" PL coach pro tem.

If Ando goes, all his staff; coahes, trainers, physios, stats men, scouts etc etc will be given the rocket. Except 2 guys

SR will become NRL coach.

Simon Gillies will probably be PL coach and/or Raper's assistant

Theo Burgess the football manager.

Recruitment for Flegg coach will have to be undertaken.

That's all from the rumour mill today :)

Too late for Weidler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Should\\can there be a name change to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
Not sure where to address this.

Frenzy

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Should\\can there be a name change to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
Not sure where to address this.

I'll ask the admins to address the changes Ang OK :)

Special K

Coach
wasn't Jason Williams signed to be a player? Or is that another bulldog bloke we signed?

imasharkie

Coach
similar report in the herald this morning frenzy so looks like you are right on the job with your report and me for one do never doubt what info you find out :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
blueboatboy2 said:
similar report in the herald this morning frenzy so looks like you are right on the job with your report and me for one do never doubt what info you find out :D

They probably sourced the report from this forum, as usual. :lol:

If SR is to be NRL coach, then we MUST recruit the Redcliffe coach ASAP.

imasharkie

Coach
Tamazoid said:
blueboatboy2 said:

They probably sourced the report from this forum, as usual. :lol:

If SR is to be NRL coach, then we MUST recruit the Redcliffe coach ASAP.

Well Tama the report did come from weedy weidler.......so what does that tell you

Frenzy

Juniors
Hulkamanic 36 said:
wasn't Jason Williams signed to be a player? Or is that another bulldog bloke we signed?

2 blokes, same name Hulk.

The one who has been appointed Flegg coach played 72 first grade games for the 'Dogs between '92 and '95. I thnk he was a winger or center

The player we signed is a young fella who plays prop or 2nd row.

Morpheus

Juniors
The sunday papers had been written and printed about 12 hourse before your post here Frenzy, clearly outlining much of what you have " reported" from your mole, including them NAMING the two of Andos lackies that will stay on deck, Gillies and Burgess.

Frenzy

Juniors
Morpheus said:
The sunday papers had been written and printed about 12 hourse before your post here Frenzy, clearly outlining much of what you have " reported" from your mole, including them NAMING the two of Andos lackies that will stay on deck, Gillies and Burgess.

And?? :lol:

Morpheus said:

I disagree morph. Frenzy was specific for every single position of relevance, the papers gave an overview mainly relevant to the CA/SR battle for first grade.

The bit about Aaron Raper was new in particular. Dont remember hearing about Jason Williams as Flegg coach, even if it's not on the rumour mill, it's still news.

So thanks for the update Frenzy.

Special K

Coach
Frenzy said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:

The one who has been appointed Flegg coach played 72 first grade games for the 'Dogs between '92 and '95. I thnk he was a winger or center

:D what would I do with out you Frenzy?

RockyShark

Juniors
Frenzy said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:

Geeze - how confusing could that be...???

Macca

Coach
Those replacements are all well and good but I think the most important info from your friend here Frenzy is
The club is gearing for a huge battle with Ando as no one at the club expects him to walk.

We are now headed for turmoil. All thanks to the board no doubt. They are going to fight him not pay him out. If the board lose, then it will end up costing us double what it would cost if we just let him coach out his contract. Smart stuff. Not.

Latest posts