What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News of the Forums

C

CanadianSteve

Thought I'd try to start a new thread. Not a Fight Club style, but I know there are those here who post more on other forums. I thought it might be interesting to keep up with news at other forums, or inter-forum news.

I see on TFS that Meth has quit the forum and the internet. Maybe Growler or EA could update on that.

Some will remember rjrugbyleaguelover, from WORL days. His own MSN forum is still going, but much less active than before. RJ seems to be busier with outside interests and doesn't post much on his own forum anymore.

On the Front Row of course there is so much traffic that it couldn't all be reported on. But there is an interesting thread now called Front Row vs. Rleague, or something on that line.

Any comments or updates are welcomed.

B

bender

Over at rleague - Grandstand, from what i noticedin the last week or so:

A big fight between Stewburn and Rleague admin over the property of the Redcliffe Dolphins Website. This was solved by Yakstorm. But it led to a bit of baiting by Cliffy GC and Retread of the LU Admin for reading the forum. This resulted in a debut post for legend with gave Cliffy and Retread a spray. Old Kiwi was also involved for a brief period while Matt O distanced himself a little from the ruckus. All seems to have died down now.

An interesting suggestion on one of the threads was by MattO who was considering an 'away' mission to the Sydney Morning Herald site or something similar to try to get them to put a rugby league web page site upagain. Shades of LWOS early days there.

At League Unlimited
The boxing section was a little disappointing. The retirement of Lennox Lewis and near World Title effort of LovemoreNdou barely raised a ripple.

The international and American section seem to be going along quite well with Roopys report on the US v Wyonggame compulsory reading for any internationalist.

Other Sports Section has a promising thread titled Other Sports Trivia which could grow.

The fight club seems to have EA scoring a series ofknockouts over various opponents, with Roosterphin risking reaching journeyman status if he doesnt turn the tide soon. Also, there was a oneeye thread a bout his lady leaving for another lady which actually saw EA show him a bit of compassion and speak a little civilly to him (just a little). Worth a read since I doubt you will see that too often.

The Firkin Fun Bar seems to have so many threads about Preniers thathe may have taken the mantle of the Internets most loved (or more likely hated) man.

B

bender

lol EG

Leagueunlimited is back up again, but how long before the mystery server problem rears its head again?

C

CanadianSteve

There's been no word yet on the hacker, what they did about him, etc, has there?

B

bender

the LU server seems to have gone down again. Contrary to first reports, the fryed server now seems to be a http -500 internal server error. The Willowgate Scandal is getting deeper and deeper. There will be an update later in the day.

B

bender

Okay, as promised an update on the Willowgate scandal.The Willowgate Scandal has grown bigger than just one server and hacker problem.

If you read this message though, you may be best to erase it from your memories and get rid of all traces because this scandal goes right to the top and is bigger than the simple front row blackout. I have stumbled on some information which may blow the thing right open.

We do know that the there areunconfirmedsitings of JohnnyRico inthe TFR fight club rooms at the time of the mysterious blackouts.It is not known whether he had his cosmic ray gunat the time or even whether the cosmic ray guncan travel the distance to fry the server from his current safehaven.

But this story may just go even deeper. Now as we all know, this LWOSsite started in about June of 2001 with 3 or 4 members.Legend Willow moffo Ozbash. These guys are known as the founders ofLWOS. While it grew quickly, for the first couple of months there was really only a handful of contributors until it started taking off in early august. Remember those dates ladies and gentleman.

Now some time last year, maybe a little earlier,the internet community was shellshocked by the emergence of a new creature known as the oneeye.This guy wrecked countless forums with tasteless jokes and general lude behaviour.In fact at LWOS, he became the king and eye among other various family identies. He developed some say a cult following but his treatment was always lenient by the LWOS administrators. He was an alter ego who had to be seen to be believed. In fact, he was banned from nearly every site he frequented, is rumoured to have destroyed Kiwirl. He generally ran amok recently as a moderater at TFR changing posts and breaking rules left right and centre without so much as a whimper being breathed his way.Very strange you think. And he would now have the key password. The man fits the description aply. But is this too easy? Why is the man treated so well at LWOS and TFR. Is the Willowgate scandal this simple.

Of course not, but here is the key. Think back to the emergence of the oneeye character. He didnt come on to the sceneuntil 2002. Or did he. A brief scan of theLWOS community membershipshows that oneye became a member of LWOS in July of2001. That is right, that means that one of the founding LWOS members - maybe Willow, Moffo, OZbash or Legend are in fact oneye. That is right, you heard it here first and presumably are responsible for the willowgate scandal. The willowgate scandal deepensand investigations are continuing.

C

CanadianSteve

LOL. So, which of the original big 4 is really oneye? No wonder LWOS tolerated him, unlike TFS which always banned him immediately. And where does Johnny Rico (always one of my favourites here) fit into it all?

Johnny, if you're out there, come back and explain yourself.

:)
emwink.gif

To be fair, I don't think it was oneye who did the mass deletions at KRL. BTW, I am the manager there now, having picked up the pieces adter the mass deletions debacle. But I hesitate to promote it here too much as I don't want to distract anyone from the LWOS resergence.

rex hunt

Juniors
Just a quick update on W.O.R.L
Fortae has put everyone in their place. He has a great knowledge of the game and the Club. SAAB complained about Forates percieved arrogance and was cut down with "If you behave like an idiot, expect to be treated as one".
A post about Rooster players sharing spouses was deleted mainly because it was designed to bait Reb ecca Wilson. As if she can read Pffft.
Phantom scored some Bowie tickets and a viryual NRL comp has started.
Now have a clearer picture of Flegg and PL sides and some talk about the one day cricket score record being beaten.
All in all, its same as same as, a forum too boring for outsiders to troll

"Easts are only challenging the cap rise in the court" fortae is a boring dick. If he's wrong he just proceeds to back himself up with bullshit ad infinitum until the other person gets bored enough to give it a miss.

Willowgate is fascinating though and based on Bender's evidence regarding oneye, someone has too much time on their hands and that someone is well known.

The only thing I can add to this is that oneye once let slip the area he lives in, which funnily enough coincides with the area one or two of the LWOS originals lives in.

VNRL have sold out and if you want to be in more than one private and one public comp, you have to pay. VNRL has a strong tie in with rleague.

C

CanadianSteve

I agree, El D. I'm sorry I even looked there.

E A wrote:
Willowgate is fascinating though and based on Bender's evidence regarding oneye, someone has too much time on their hands and that someone is well known.

The only thing I can add to this is that oneye once let slip the area he lives in, which funnily enough coincides with the area one or two of the LWOS originals lives in.

Come on EA, don't hold out. Name names and places.