What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 4 weeks. CRONULLA. WARRIORS. ROOSTERS. STORM

Gareth67

First Grade
" I had a dream . . . " said the great man , as I also did at the beginning of the season .
But in the dream the Dragons won their first 8 games to have 16 competition points . Now I realise that many of you may suggest for me to see a psychiatrist , but believe me when I say that some dreams do come true .

Back to the real world , it would be tremendous if the Dragons could win the next 4 games , however these teams will not be easy - at all . Not only do they wish to beat us, they also want to let the league world know that they are indeed still the top dogs and are on the comeback trail , and what better way to show it , then by taking the competition leaders prize scalp .

As so many have already said , the first loss will - must come eventually and when it does it will show just how much character the team truly possesses by the way they bounce back . If we can win 2 from 4 then of our next 4 matches, then I will be most pleased as that will still leave the Dragons hovering very close to the top of the ladder .

The most important thing is to continue to give it our all and not to lose our consistency, as from there we can only improve as a team .

Last edited:

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Yeah they do but they play Bulldogs in Sydney on the Thursday night whilst we play Warriors in NZ on the Friday.....hopefully the xtra day and the xtra travel doesnt affect us to much....shame really the anzac day match wasnt even stevens
doesn't matter anyways. if you can't get up for an Anzac day game there is something seriously wrong, regardless of the short turn.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Watched Warriors against the Cowboys and they were excellent-in my opinion superior to SGI- on a par in defence but more strike in the outside backs.

SGI is skinny for depth and cannot afford to lose one player let alone the six now being tipped for Origin ie five for NSW and Hunt for Qld. There is a HUGE drop off from LAM our 14th guy to Latimore and the other reserve forwards. Mann is playing as a loose forward to give the back rowers a rest but is not big enough to do this consistently. Come Origin time and /or injuries I fear we will be exposed when we have to field Latimore and co as starting forwards.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Watched Warriors against the Cowboys and they were excellent-in my opinion superior to SGI- on a par in defence but more strike in the outside backs.

SGI is skinny for depth and cannot afford to lose one player let alone the six now being tipped for Origin ie five for NSW and Hunt for Qld. There is a HUGE drop off from LAM our 14th guy to Latimore and the other reserve forwards. Mann is playing as a loose forward to give the back rowers a rest but is not big enough to do this consistently. Come Origin time and /or injuries I fear we will be exposed when we have to field Latimore and co as starting forwards.
raiders should have beaten warriors. they were dreadful in Canberra they got exposed through the middle.

Belta

Juniors
I think Mary’s comment in the after match interview 2 weeks ago was quite apt. He explained their approach will be geared towards being consistent, not being too excited after a win or too down after a loss, just keep aiming for consistency.

I think they shouldn’t be thinking too far ahead, just thinking about their next opponent. Would be lovely to put the sword in scumulla.

Belta

Juniors
redandwhiteforever said;

“raiders should have beaten warriors. they were dreadful in Canberra they got exposed through the middle.”

They are getting packed, vocal home crowds and the team are responding by playing with a lot of intent and confidence. Last week v the Cowboys there was no signs of the old mistake ridden Warriors. They now playing far more basic football. The whole team are running very hard, and getting very good support from their two strong running athletic wingers. This game is likely to be a big test for the Dragons. Let’s hope they are off on that weekend.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
redandwhiteforever said;

“raiders should have beaten warriors. they were dreadful in Canberra they got exposed through the middle.”

They are getting packed, vocal home crowds and the team are responding by playing with a lot of intent and confidence. Last week v the Cowboys there was no signs of the old mistake ridden Warriors. They now playing far more basic football. The whole team are running very hard, and getting very good support from their two strong running athletic wingers. This game is likely to be a big test for the Dragons. Let’s hope they are off on that weekend.
didn't you watch the raiders warriors game.

Belta

Juniors
Alec’s-saints said;

“didn't you watch the raiders warriors game.”

I missed that game. It’s clear from your comments that the Warriors were underwhelming. But I think it’s pertinent and fair to consider even the best sides will have off days.

Although I missed the Canberra game, I have watched a few other Warrior games and notice no side has been able to match their physicality. I guess they play a lot like the Dragons, very much a power game with hard running, and gain very good field position and have very good halves. The home games I’ve seen appear really daunting for the opponents the Warriors really buy into and lift with the crowd. Our best chance I think is to score early and take the crowd out to some degree. Either way it should be a great contest.

Drag Queen

Bench
Alec’s-saints said;

“didn't you watch the raiders warriors game.”

I missed that game. It’s clear from your comments that the Warriors were underwhelming. But I think it’s pertinent and fair to consider even the best sides will have off days.

Although I missed the Canberra game, I have watched a few other Warrior games and notice no side has been able to match their physicality. I guess they play a lot like the Dragons, very much a power game with hard running, and gain very good field position and have very good halves. The home games I’ve seen appear really daunting for the opponents the Warriors really buy into and lift with the crowd. Our best chance I think is to score early and take the crowd out to some degree. Either way it should be a great contest.[/QUOTIt'll be a good game considering 95% of my family and friends are going for the Warriors. My 5% is backing the Dragons. I'll never hear the end of it if we lose..

ouryears

Bench
I think Mary’s comment in the after match interview 2 weeks ago was quite apt. He explained their approach will be geared towards being consistent, not being too excited after a win or too down after a loss, just keep aiming for consistency.

I think they shouldn’t be thinking too far ahead, just thinking about their next opponent. Would be lovely to put the sword in scumulla.

Does anyone know when we might be printing PREMIERS 2018 T Shirts?

I heard from some on this forum it's sometime this week.

There's no way that we'll be 9 and 0 at the end of that run. Even 8 and 1 is extremely unlikely. So if 7-2 is the best realistic yield, which two teams can we tolerate losing to? For me, either way, those two losses are going to be like any two losses. I'll be sulking and not consuming any sports media until the end of our next 2 win stretch. I guess I could take losing closely to the Warriors and the Storm. Neither of them are real teams and the Scum and Easts are two of three that sicken me the most.

How are we going to feel if we're 5 and 4? Can't even think about it. Law of averages says the Scum get us on Friday.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think the roosters will get us unfortunately.A physical game against the sharks followed by a more physical one against the warriors whilst not accounting for the mental side of things along with the short turn around & travel my be a bridge too far.I'm also concerned about backing up to the storm after all this.Very interesting month ahead imo.Which makes this week a pretty important win in the scheme of things.

doola_dragon

Juniors
We'll all get a much clearer picture once Saints plays these teams.

Irrespective of form, Cronulla usually gives SGI a hard time. When was the last time Saints gave the Sharks a real belting?

I'm fairly confident against NZ despite the game being over 'the ditch'. I think the Dragons' record against them is the best that one team has over another rival in the NRL.

Chooks - Anzac Day games are close affairs, this will be any different. Despite their indifferent form, this is the team to beat in 2018.

Melbourne have always been a bogey side.

Win the first two, lose the otter two.
Dragons beat sharks 42 to 6 in 2015 and 32 to 18 in 2016