What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 6 Games

Frenzy.

Immortal
I cant understand how the NRL makes the draw so complicated, to me this would be fairest way

Example after 2017
1. teams who finish 1-8 play each other twice as do those 9-16. means everyone has played 14 games to start
2. those who finished 1-8, play those 9-16 once, that another 8 games now at 22 games
3. Final 2 games are worked that all teams give list of 8 teams they want to play in order over 5 year running period, this basically ensures you get derby games twice, the premiers would get first cab off rank.

So basically it would have meant in 2018 basic draw

Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys play each other twice
Dragons, Raiders, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Tigers, Titans, Knights play each other twice

For us example thats 24, and we would most probably have elected Dragons and Rabbitohs in our 5 year running period.

So basically finish in top 8, everyone treated same

Last 5 years premiers and who they played twice from the previous years top 8

ROOSTERS 2013
Bulldogs x 2
Storm x 1
Rabbits x 2
Sea Eagles x 2
Cowboys x 1
Raiders x 1
Sharks x 2
Broncos x 1

RABBITS 2014
Roosters x 2
Storm x 1
Sea Eagles x 2
Sharks x 1
Bulldogs x 2
Knights x 1
Cowboys x 2

COWBOYS 2015
Roosters x 1
Sea Eagles x 2
Rabbits x 2
Panthers x 1
Storm x 2
Bulldogs x 1
Broncos x 2

SHARKS 2016
Roosters 1 x 2
Broncos 2 x 1
Cowboys 3 x 2
Storm 4 x 2
Bulldogs 5 x 1
Rabbits 7 x 1
Dragons 8 x 2

STORM 2017
Raiders x 1
Sharks x 2
Cowboys x 2
Broncos x 2
Panthers x 1
Bulldogs x 2
Titans x 2

Stake Removed

First Grade
The NRL could even make the draw easier, so after Grand Final draw you basically know who you play even down to which round.

First 7 weeks of season, you play those teams if in top 8, and starts same each year round 1 is from previous year

1 v 8, 2 v 7 and so on, the more i think about it the easier it gets, team my whinge about when they play other teams, but the NRL has never cared about what we want so the other 15 clubs can get same outlook

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Its 5 actually. Cows play 5 of last years top 8 as well. So do the Roosters. Bulldogs too. Manly also have 5. Eels get 5 and so do the Warriors. Broncos get 5.

Titans play 6 of last years top 4 twice. So do the Knights.

The rest get 4 each. Storm, Tigers, Dragons, Warriors, Raiders & Panthers.

Its hard for every team and will be until they fix the draw to a proper home and away thing.
Not sure how you calculate the Rorters as playing 5 of last years top 8 twice....its' only 2 by my reckoning.

Teams we play twice......
Storm
Cowboys
Broncos
Parramatta
Dragons
Panthers
Raiders
Bulldogs
Knights

Teams Roosters play twice........
Newcastle
Tigers
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Rabbits
Warriors
Manly
Dragons
Broncos

I know what draw I'd rather have.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
The NRL could even make the draw easier, so after Grand Final draw you basically know who you play even down to which round.

First 7 weeks of season, you play those teams if in top 8, and starts same each year round 1 is from previous year

1 v 8, 2 v 7 and so on, the more i think about it the easier it gets, team my whinge about when they play other teams, but the NRL has never cared about what we want so the other 15 clubs can get same outlook

What makes up the other 17 games?

If top 8 plays each other for rounds 1-7, presumably they then play the bottom 8 each

There’s 15 games. Add 2 byes each. 17 accounted for

Still need 9 rounds to make TVs desired 26.

So top i go again for 7 weeks. Gets to 24

Some saps still going to have to play 2 games, possible against top 8 teams to make their bizarre maths work

Card Shark

Immortal
Teams we play twice......
Storm
Cowboys
Broncos
Parramatta
Dragons
Panthers
Raiders
Bulldogs
Knights

Teams Roosters play twice........
Newcastle
Tigers
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Rabbits
Warriors
Manly
Dragons
Broncos

I know what draw I'd rather have.

No wonder they are 1 of the favoured teams, that’s ridiculous.

Card Shark

Immortal
Manly all over the Eels on the 37 degree heat at brookvale. 12-0 after 12.
I think we need them to bury the Eels & bugger them.

Edit that: 16-0, ktc.

Card Shark

Immortal
15 might be having a rest next week too, for a late shoulder off the ball.

30-0 halftime. Amazing.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Parramatta are there for the taking next week. We’ll be playing on a nice cool Saturday evening so we can’t use the heat to our advantage, but let’s hope they’re burned out from today. They look a shambles.

How good is Jake Trbojevic though, kid can play. Offloads and tackles like an absolute machine.

Inferno

Coach
Both teams will be desperate for win that's for sure. We have a decent record against the Eels I think.

Latest posts