What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Misanmafia

Which game should Misanthrope run next?

• Total voters

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm about to head off for three weeks and there's a sizable queue ahead of me, but I'd like to really knuckle down and make the best possible mafia for my next game.

With that in mind, I have a number of concepts drawn up. So I know which to focus on first, which one(s) would you be most interested in playing?

Dustbowl Mafia

Based in the setting in which my novel takes place, a blend of conventional epic fantasy, post apocalyptic, and steam punk. Several characters from the recent Random Mafia Game would feature, albeit in different forms.

Dungeons & Dragons Mafia

Classic fantasy concepts such as alignment, dice rolls in combat, and 'loot' would feature.

Judgement Day Mafia

A religious themed game in which the minions of Satan compete with angels, Christian types, and atheism. Kind of like End of Days.

Super Fun Happy Chinese English Adventure

A game loosely based around my experiences teaching in China, albeit with a considerably more comedic tilt.

Epic Science Fiction Mafia

In the same vein as my popular Epic Fantasy Mafia, but with classic science fiction characters instead.

Adventure Time Mafia

Compensating for Cliffhanger's abomination of an otherwise radical show.

For the Throne Mafia

Based on Game of Thrones' warring factions, but with entirely fictionalised 'houses' battling for the throne. Whichever house holds the throne will have additional powers as long as they held it. Lots of betrayal and intrigue.

Mafia Mafia

A game based around conventional mafia stereotypes. Warring families, cartels, corrupt police etc.

-----

I intend to run all of these in time, obviously.

Bazal

Post Whore
Judgement Day Mafia would be sweet. But there are a lot of cool sounding ones on there

mickyj

Bench
I was thinking about what it would take to have a sci fi one run. Had some cool ideas I think would make it something fun. As I learn a bit more about how these games work I;ve been making some notes

Borg would make a cool cult ;)

mickyj

Bench
I'm sure I put my hand up to read your book in the early stages....

How far has it got?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm sure I put my hand up to read your book in the early stages....

How far has it got?

It hasn't made a lick of progress since April 2012 content wise. I've got a f**k-tonne more plotted out, but haven't sat down to write in forever.

Misanthrope

Staff member
You merkins voting for Mafia Mafia. I haven't given that the slightest bit of thought beyond the concept :lol:

mickyj

Bench
send me what you have. got an empty shelf once I finish GoT (only 35% of books to go)