What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Broncodr01d

Juniors
NFL Rumours

nfl_2.jpg

This might be a good thread to sticky.

Post your NFL rumours here. Whether it be possible signings, firings or whatever takes your fancy, post them here.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I will start:

- Bill Cowher to return to coaching next season. Possible teams; Chicago, Washington or Carolina. I like Chicago as a likely team for NFL throwback Bill Cowher.
- Atlanta QB Matt Ryan could miss the rest of the season. From ESPN Insider (no link can be provided as you need to be a paying member there of which I am):

The initial word out of Atlanta was that Falcons QB Matt Ryan was not expected to miss more than a game due to the turf toe injury he sustained early in the win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.

But now there's a report from John Czarnecki of Fox Sports that Ryan could, in fact, miss the rest of the season because of the injury. If that's the case, the Falcons' dwindling playoff hopes would rest with backup Chris Redman.
- Tim Tebow NFL Draft stock falling:

It's likely that folks from every NFL organization were watching the SEC Championship game on Saturday to get a good look at the wealth of talent on display, but perhaps the most scrutinized player on the field was Tim Tebow. The NFL stock of the Florida QB has been the subject of much debate over the past season, and unfortunately, his performance Saturday may have sent that stock downwards.

It's been assumed by some that Tebow will not be able to use his scrambling ability as much in the NFL as he does in the college ranks, owing to the speed of the defenders. In other words, it's going to come down to how he can work as a more pocket-oriented QB, and Tebow did not fare well in that role on Saturday with Alabama's defense focusing on keeping him in the pocket. Although he finished with 247 yards passing, Tebow struggled at times to find a rhythm with his wideouts.

Having said that, Tebow's best shot at NFL success might be in an offense that is willing to use him in an innovative way. In that sense, his shortcomings as a pocket passer won't be that big of a factor.

As I've said, I'd be surprised to see Tebow taken in the first round.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mick's right, they're going to use him to sell tickets and try and save the franchises future in JAX

theyd be better off mving them to los angeles, signing vick, sproles and steve breastona nd building for a superbowl

well. thats what i did in madden anyway.

stupid thing is when you make th superbowl as a moved team the old logo appears on the field.

lame

Raider_69

Post Whore
theyd be better off mving them to los angeles, signing vick, sproles and steve breastona nd building for a superbowl

i agree, i think its criminal that LA doesnt have a franchise, and JAX should be relocating there, but at this point, based on rumour, the owners seem to think Tebow can save the organisation's future in Jacksonville.
Im not so sure

yeah LA...

its a weird thing.

they had the Rams for years..then they moved.

they had the Raiders, then lost the Raiders...

The chargers are the logical choice to move there however that would suck as san diego sh*ts on los angeles in terms of lifestyle, cleanliness and has a much lower population of f**kwits.

however qualcomm might fall down at any moment.

having said that no one in california is spending any money so,....

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Tim Tebow is going to be potentially the biggest BUST in NFL history if he goes Top 5. Hell, he shouldn't be even in the top 3 QB's taken.

Big Tim

First Grade
If JAX can get Gruden as HC he will use Tebow in a wildcat style offence.. he may succeed then, but his game against Bama was terrible. He didnt seem to have the composure to lead his side back.

Jono078

Referee
I think Tebow will be a success at QB, but just not an immediate one.

Lot of mock drafts at the moment have a sh*tload of QB's going in the first round with Tebow at about 5th choice.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I think Tebow will be a success at QB, but just not an immediate one.

Lot of mock drafts at the moment have a sh*tload of QB's going in the first round with Tebow at about 5th choice.

If he does, well, I will put up my hand - I'm wrong.

There are whispers there are some GM's not wanting to 'be the guy who passed on Tebow'. I can understand that. Though with that said, the scouts are saying his mechanics just won't see him see success in the NFL at QB. An option QB isn't going to succeed in the NFL.

Now, the JAX thing I've read up on now - I too, understand their reasoning. He would have a similar effect to that of Reggie Bush on New Orleans when he was drafted. New Orleans had Bush fever. Tebow will have a similar impact and will for the first season or three, see $$ go to the Jags bottom line in terms of; increases in sales of merchandise (#15 TEBOW will be a popular jersey), ticket sales and new sponsors potentially. The move from a business point of view, makes a hellova lota sense. On the field, well, it's a different story.

Gruden is a MASSIVE Tebow fan, as am I as much as it pains a Miami U fan to admit, AND I DO WANT HIM TO SUCCEED, again, I just don't see it happening. The kid will fail to live up to the unenviable hype and the NFL machine will chew him up and spit him out after it's done with him. After the first 1-4 seasons in Jax, he will go along to be a David Carr, Joey Harrington etc and see action as a 2nd or 3rd string QB.

A College great. An NFL player who never reached those dizzy heights of his Florida days.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jnr on Tebow (search Kiper's credentials online, well respected analyst):

"Tebow will struggle to make the transition to the NFL. His elongated delivery makes it even more important for him to get the ball out on time and anticipate where he is going to throw it, and when he does get the ball out it often flutters and lacks adequate velocity. He has all the intangibles but because of his lack of passing skills Tebow should not come off the board in the first three rounds if a team plans on playing him exclusively as a full-time, under-center quarterback."

i dunno.

he gets away with running it more in college as the college D isnt as fast.

he'll get a rude shock if he takes of and is suddenly mauled by a patrick willis.

dunno about his arm either.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
tebow will be like a doug flutie in the nfl - a journey men who well produce some great games, and may be a succes later on in his career - just my thoughts

Latest posts