What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

abpanther

Staff member
Jets moving up for Lynch?

It appears that way, reports are that the Browns are keen on Lynch at #8, means a team may trade with the 49ers to get ahead of the Browns to take him

I just don't see it with Lynch, wouldn't want him in the first round and definitely prefer others

shiznit

Coach
Josh Norris of Pro Football Talk was just on CSN and he said to look for the Niners to trade the 7th pick to the Jets for Muhammad Wilkerson and the 20th pick.

Man I would love that!
I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you... The Raiders were rumoured to be doing a deal but there's heaps of problems...

The biggest of which is the Jets have to pull off a sign and trade which is really tough when the player is tagged.

If Wilkerson doesn't want to move he doesn't have to.

nick87

Coach
It appears that way, reports are that the Browns are keen on Lynch at #8, means a team may trade with the 49ers to get ahead of the Browns to take him

I just don't see it with Lynch, wouldn't want him in the first round and definitely prefer others

Interesting.
I think the Rams and Eagles have shaken this thing up and i think we're going to see a lot of action in the opening 2 days of the draft because of that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That Wilkerson rumours been rumbling around for a few weeks now, mainly with niners fans, some who are just desperate for anything good to happen this off season. The only time the rumour took a break was for the "OMG lets get Norman" talk which didn't go anywhere.

shiznit

Coach
Yup... Similar to raider fans... Just twitter search 'Wilkerson Raiders' and you get all sorts of bullshit right up until 45mins ago about a deal about to be done for Mo and swapping picks and Mychal Rivera or Justin Ellis...

I'll believe it when I see it...

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Lol poor Browns, get bumped out again.
The damn nerve of Bradford!
Poor Browns?? They got themselves a nice haul of picks and they are still in a position to get even more.

They had the option of taking what was likely Carson Wentz but they have chosen a different route.

I wouldn't say poor Browns... This new crew has a plan in place and they are executing it... They know exactly what they are doing.

nick87

Coach
If i know anything about sports, it's this:

The Browns are f**king cursed and Carson Wentz being passed up by them probably means he's going to the god damn HOF

shiznit

Coach
If i know anything about sports, it's this:

The Browns are f**king cursed and Carson Wentz being passed up by them probably means he's going to the god damn HOF
After seeing what your mob has put up for him you better hope he is... :lol:

If recent history of the NFL draft has shown us it's that QB's that teams trade up for don't end up worth it...

The great irony here is it's usually such a Browns move... :lol:

Just like it's such a Raiders move to draft a bust only to watch the very next pick taken turn out to be a superstar... :lol:

nick87

Coach
Haha, look he could be a bust, no doubt. But the more i see and hear from Wentz the more convinced i am. With the right coaching and given the time, i think he's going to be an excellent NFL QB.

And if not, f**k it, at least we tried and it will finally be the end for Howie Roseman. If this goes belly up, it wont be know until at least 2018, by which time we have our full compliment of picks back, so everyone gets fired and the new regime has a fresh slate.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yup, whoever the Eagles take at 2 is a certain star just because the Browns passed.

Their draft busts are almost as hilarious as looking at the guys they passed on, especially at quarterback.

Weedon, McCoy, Quinn, Couch, Manziel :lol:

shiznit

Coach
As a Raiders fan I can't laugh at the Browns.... Not with the 'List' out there...

The 'List' is a infamous list that makes all Raiders fans cringe... And now that we seem to be finally turning the corner(touch wood) we can laugh about...

Anyway.... As bad as the Browns have been... You can't get worse than the 'List'...

images

SMH...

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Shorty

Staff member
Poor Browns?? They got themselves a nice haul of picks and they are still in a position to get even more.

They had the option of taking what was likely Carson Wentz but they have chosen a different route.

I wouldn't say poor Browns... This new crew has a plan in place and they are executing it... They know exactly what they are doing.

You're right they do seem to be playing the game correctly this time but remember we don't know what picks they'll make.

Even if Wentz becomes a HOF QB its very hard to tell coming out of college.
He looks good but he played for a small school, his team didn't miss a beat while he was injured and he struggled at the Senior Bowl.
Due diligence is needed.
Obviously Philly fell in love but there's got to be some pressure!

They've been smart with Bradford though cause I don't see anyone paying his asking price, have the Eagles even agreed to trade?

kurt faulk

Coach

Nick will be relieved to know Sammy boy will be back next Monday. The Eagles season has been saved. Onwards and upwards nick.

nick87

Coach

Nick will be relieved to know Sammy boy will be back next Monday. The Eagles season has been saved. Onwards and upwards nick.

:lol: I was very disappointed to hear that... but in another way i suppose it's alright. I truly think that Wentz needs at least half a season to sit and get up to speed in the NFL. Bradford reporting basically ensures he'll get the chance to do that.

At this point i just want to win as many games as we can in 2016-17 so we're not giving up a top 10 pick to the Browns
If we can win 7-8 games and give them pick #18 or something, that's fine.

shiznit

Coach
Maaan... The Las Vegas Raiders are starting to become a serious option...

As I said in the Raiders thread... I feel for RaiderNation in Oakland but the city of Oakland just don't have the money available to get a stadium deal done...

And the Raiders need to get out of the colosseum ASAP...

Would make for some epic trips to watch the Raiders play though... :lol:

Latest posts