What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
Jon Dorenbos traded from the eagles

Absolutely f**king gutted. Love that dude. Fantastically reliable long snapper but more importantly an amazing guy

If you don't know his story and what he's about, google him :(

nick87

Coach
I think when John Fox gets sacked, Jim Bob Cooter is either going to end up the Bears HC, or the Lions will do a Bucs and sack Caldwell so they can promote Cooter to keep him

What he's done for Stafford is incredible

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm happy about it too. Wasn't a good long term fit, and higher draft picks are probably more important going forward for the 49ers than Vance is.

Good deal for all concerned as long as Vance's hands don't let him down again,

zombie jesus

Staff member
Like the McDonald signing, better than what they had.

Good upside if he recaptures his best but that's very doubtful, if he can just be average, it's still an upgrade.

Contract will probably be structured to make it easy to get out of if he busts, I've no doubt he could have got more money elsewhere, the Steelers are tight arses so his motivation is beyond the all ighty ollar.

shiznit

Coach
i bloody hope Reggie put forward his interest for Haden.

We need serious help in our secondary... and he would have been a good option.

Frederick

Staff member
i bloody hope Reggie put forward his interest for Haden.

We need serious help in our secondary... and he would have been a good option.
By the sounds of it he was only ever going to Pittsburgh. Tomlin and Colbert had spent a lot of time with him at the pro days leading up to his draft, even though they knew the chances of him falling down to them were pretty much nil. He also played in college with Pouncey, and apparently has some sort of history with one of the defensive coaches or something so will be very familiar with the terminology used in the Steelers system

zombie jesus

Staff member
By the sounds of it he was only ever going to Pittsburgh. Tomlin and Colbert had spent a lot of time with him at the pro days leading up to his draft, even though they knew the chances of him falling down to them were pretty much nil. He also played in college with Pouncey, and apparently has some sort of history with one of the defensive coaches or something so will be very familiar with the terminology used in the Steelers system
He had Ray Horton as DC twice, very much a LeBeau guy.

Basically a $7m 1-year deal with a $10m per year team option for 2018 and 2019. He'll be one and done.

nick87

Coach
Jimmy G traded from the Pats to the Niners
2nd round pick is compensation according to twitter

If there isnt more to that, BB blew this. He had multiple first round picks offered in the off season, now you move him for a 2nd? Wow

That's huge for SF