What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
ESPN supposedly publishing a story tomorrow (very early our time) about the rift and relationship breakdown at the Patriots.

Some details already getting leaked. Very interesting but hard to know what to believe.

nick87

Coach
A lot of smoke there and undoubtedly some fire, but also a lot of conjecture and assumptions

A fascinating read none the less

beave

Coach
Letting Grappalo leave will be a decision they will highly regret me thinks (without pointing to the obvious).

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I'm a touch bias (and happy about it) but I think it was a massive mistake.
The problem is, it was a killer situation, do you let him leave for free, or carry two QBs at around 45 mill of cap space.

Considering the Starting QB is going to get the mvp ( sort of by default, due to injuries) but regardless still playing at an elite level, so its not like you would dump him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The problem is, it was a killer situation, do you let him leave for free, or carry two QBs at around 45 mill of cap space.

Considering the Starting QB is going to get the mvp ( sort of by default, due to injuries) but regardless still playing at an elite level, so its not like you would dump him.

Of course you could.

Jimmy G in place of Brady would be capable of winning a SB with Bellicheck. Brady isn't making it to 45. Give him until 43 at the most.

2 years more of Brady with the SB window open or 10+ with Jimmy G.

I believe Bellicheck wanted to move on from Brady and I also think it was the right decision to do so.

Happened to Favre, happened to Montana and Rice, happened to Manning. When the opportunity is there to set yourself up for the next 10 years you don't turn that away IMO.

abpanther

Staff member
From the twitterverse: Carmen Policy on Jimmy G contract on @957thegame “If I were representing the team I would enter the room and bring a large jar of Vaseline and I’d say to Jimmy’s agent I’m a nice guy, I really want to do the right thing, please be gentle with me.”

Hahaha

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers apparently letting Haley walk but bringing back the entire defensive staff. They're having a laugh. Not one defensive group of players improved. Carnell Lake (DBs) and Joey Porter (OLBs) have had a lot of draft capital to work with and they've done f**k all with it. The season is over because the defence went backwards through the year.

I don't mind them letting Haley go, he's been there a long time now, longer than most OCs get but the other side of the ball definitely needs a shake up, at least at some of the positional coaching spots.

Haffa

I'm glad I'm not in charge of the Eagles Draft board. Seems Rueben will be having a little holiday

zombie jesus

Staff member
Art Rooney addressing the Brown mess...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...mors-steelers-art-rooney/stories/201901100125

TLDR version
They're a long way from reconciling and it's hard to see Brown making it to training camp.
Cap hit not an issue.
Won't be released, everything else is on the table.
Plenty of time to make a decision.

After this I would say 99% chance he's done in Pittsburgh. Sounds like Brown would have to come grovelling back to make it up.

nick87

Coach
Yeah this will be interesting
What does a roughly 12-13mil, 30 year old HOF diva WR get in a trade market?
The money wise for a team getting him is pretty palatable... Have to think it's at least a second round pick

zombie jesus

Staff member
The money wise for a team getting him is pretty palatable... Have to think it's at least a second round pick
I would start at 2 firsts with my fingers crossed and then work my way down from there.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Late first/early second if a team is really keen. Depends a lot on the circumstances.

Tom155

Coach
Schefter floated the idea of the Cardinals drafting Kyler Murray & trading Rosen

Cardinals deny it but you would think there is at least a little substance to it if Schefter put it out there

Last edited:

Latest posts