What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Footy Show Question

miladi

Juniors
This may have been covered elsewhere, and I missed it, if so I apologise.

But who else picked up the fact that before the Andrew Johns interview, the panel were in their '70s gear, and then went to a break. They were dressed in suits for the interview, and then went to a break. When they returned, the panel were back in '70s gear.

What's the story?????

brooksy19

Bench
I guess it was because it was a serious issue, Im glade they did get changed. They Rugby boys would of had a field day with that.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I noticed it too. I saw the start of the show & was flicking back from Late Night Poker to see The Decision & realised immediately. I reckon it was in case the footage was used in news stories they didn't want to look like complete wankers. Only regular wankers.

Cheers,
Ben S.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
...was flicking back from Late Night Poker...

That is the best show! My wife thinks I' mad but it is a real shame it is on Thursday and not another day when there is nothing on. Like whenever there is a reality TV show or home improvement show. Basically anytime.

Go_Raaaahhhhhhh

Juniors
That is the best show! My wife thinks I' mad but it is a real shame it is on Thursday and not another day when there is nothing on. Like whenever there is a reality TV show or home improvement show. Basically anytime.
Virtually 8/10 people I know watch the footy show - its a barrel of laughs. I wish they could move it to an 8:30 start though.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Go_Raaaahhhhhhh said:
Virtually 8/10 people I know watch the footy show - its a barrel of laughs. I wish they could move it to an 8:30 start though.

You only know 10 people?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Late Night Poker is for real. You basically just watch people play cards but the table's clear so the viewers can see what cards people are holding. The commentator is OTT as well, it's classic stuff.

TFS was good for a laugh in 1994 & it had about 2 to 3 years in it. Ever since then it's become a pathetic cariciture of itself.

The best ever sports / comedy show was "Fantasy World Cup" shown on SBS during france '98...

Cheers,
Ben S.

[furrycat]

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Go_Raaaahhhhhhh said:

You only know 10 people?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Late Night Poker is for real. You basically just watch people play cards but the table's clear so the viewers can see what cards people are holding. The commentator is OTT as well, it's classic stuff.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Worries me that Pepstar says that LNP is not about poker and you said it is, arrr...

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Go_Raaaahhhhhhh said:

The best ever sports / comedy show was "Fantasy World Cup" shown on SBS during france '98...

Cheers,
Ben S.
Is that Australian? Or do you get the English one shown? (i know it sounds like a dumb question :lol:)

Just asking because we had Fantasy Football over here for major tournaments and it was very popular during France 1998. It recently made a comeback for Euro 2004.

fat_mike

Juniors
fantasy world cup was gold, frank skinner and david badiel i think his name is are bloody gold together. badiel and skinner gets a run on the comedy channel everynow and then and it rips the living shit out of the merrick and rosso copy that 9 produces.

wittyfan

Referee
fat_mike said:
fantasy world cup was gold, frank skinner and david badiel i think his name is are bloody gold together. badiel and skinner gets a run on the comedy channel everynow and then and it rips the living sh*t out of the merrick and rosso copy that 9 produces.

Who could forget when Bridget Nielsen, Johnny Rotten and Sylvia Krystel appeared on the show. :lol: