What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: CWBush (c)
2: Black Kitty
3:
4:
5:

6: Jobdog (In case you can't play, if you can, I'll sub you in)
7: brandell

Anyone else want a run?

Misanthrope

Staff member
3: Locky_Jr
4:
5:

6: Jobdog (In case you can't play, if you can, I'll sub you in)
7: brandell

We need two more. Who else is up for a run? MrC? PK? RABK?

Tom Shines

First Grade
CWBush said:
I've made my thoughts clear in the game thread, but to reiterate.

WHOOOOOOOOOT!

Top effort, guys. We've bounced back superbly. Now, who's up for another run in round five?
You're a f**king bastard CW. Nice win.
No more banners for you! :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Something's becoming painfully clear of late - and that's that there are a few players putting in every week and a chunk of others who seem to be perenially awol. While the additions of Locky_Jr and Black Kitty to the side have helped, I'm beginning to think it's time to do a little winter cleaning and remove some of the players who are just taking up roster space and not putting in.

If you're keen on playing a part in the team, let me know in here or on MSN. Otherwise I'll look at removing you from the squad and recruiting from elsewhere to ensure we've got a full selection of players every round.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks to everyone who entered articles this round, but it looks like we've come up one short. A little disappointed that neither of the two absentees let me know in time to organise a sub, but it happens.

Black Kitty

Juniors
blame it on wayward ESP or that I've seen the trend before...
but I had a feeling this is how it would be this round. I agree CW very dissapointing.

Perhaps you are right with wanting to have a winter clean out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The way I see it, the people who are definite keeps due to involvement this year would be:

3: Locky_Jr
4: Jobdog
5: Downie
6: MrCharisma
7: Parki
8: brandell (?)

Which leaves us a rather yawning hole. I'd be loathe to cut the likes of PrideKnight, The Joey Show, and les norton - but none have been able to play so far this year, and as good as they are, we need active players right now more than we need brilliant ones.

If anyone is left off that list but would like to be retained, let me know. If anyone knows somebody who'd make a good F7s player - let me know also.

cram

Bench
If you get desperate I may be able to put in an effort for you. I have previously expressed my interest and submitted a piece for your perusal. Just let me know.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If you're keen, we'd love to have you on board. I do remember reading your original article and enjoying it. Not sure that I remembered to get back to you about it, though :lol:

You up for a run this round?

Misanthrope

Staff member
That link's dead, Willow. Can you let me know what the dealio is? I assume it's to do with the recent rash of membership approvals I've been PMed?

Black Kitty

Juniors
Kind of lacking the motivation to be bothered tbh!
Putting in such effort for a garneted lose doesn’t really inspire me.
But I am part of the team and I have told you I am available every game.
Sooo… I will write something on Tuesday for you. (I have some major family issues this weekend and probably won’t get a chance before then sorry.)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kind of lacking the motivation to be bothered tbh!
Putting in such effort for a garneted lose doesn’t really inspire me.

That's not the right attitude :p

We'll win if we can get five out there, as we've shown every time that's happened this year. Just got to get those five people out there. Who else is up for a run?