What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale is done

Dragonslayer

First Grade
How is it this week Nighty to wing and Mann to bench is the right call yet last week against a strong pack and a team in the top 4 it wasn’t the right call even after losing Host early and Nighty unable to block the holes?
If ever Nighty had to be shifted to the wing last week was it, now this week he should have been shifted to “reggies”
A complete mystery as to how the hell Mc Fookknuckke works these things out in his head.

Last game at Kogarah OT.
Thats all i can fathom from this, a sort of farewell.
However, sentiments aside, he shouldnt even have been selected, as this is a must win game for us.

Old Timer

Coach
Last game at Kogarah OT.
However, sentiments aside, he shouldnt even have been selected, as this is a must win game for us.
If that is the case then some sort of announcement should have been made
So I suspect it is McFookknuckle just being Mc Fookknuckle

Drag Queen

Bench
Really nothing has changed with his coaching , said before he has been very lucky so far with injuries . Graham ,Hunt ,Dufty at times making a difference as for coaching same ,same ....
Hit the nail on the head. At times we play great footy. Lately I've given up on our attack and put faith in the forwards. Still eight games to go and I'm hedging my bets on our defence. I'm a novice fan, but even I know the coach is mediocre at best. The plus side is we are a fit team thus far :)

Drag Queen

Bench
Last game at Kogarah OT.
I am that sentimental fan. I do want to see him going out on a good note. Nighty has never been a speedster and quite uncoordinated to say the least. McGregor bringing him on as a forward was pure madness and a kick in the guts for the younger forwards. Mary seems a bit smug these days. I only hope his days are numbered. Cheers.

getsmarty

Immortal
Veteran back on the flank
Dragons Den News
r0_0_2000_3000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Jason Nightingale will shift back to the wing this weekend.

HE’S been a fixture on the wing for a decade, but Dragons stalwart Jason Nightingale says he’s willing reprise his recent switch to a bench utility role if called on.

Nightingale has spent most of his 261 games on the flank where he’s scored 109 tries. He was shifted to the bench for his side’s round 14 clash with Canterbury and has started the past four games from the interchange.

He’ll return to the right wing, with Kurt Mann moving to the bench, for Sunday’s clash with the Tigers but said he’ll happily play anywhere in the 17 if need be.

“I’ve enjoyed the challenge, it’s a bit of a rush when you come on in the middle and you don’t have long,” Nightingale said.

“Who knows whether I’ll be back there in the future but I’ll obviously be doing all I can to make sure I play the best I can on the wing this weekend.

“I think Kurt earned that opportunity, he’ valuable to our team wherever he plays and I wanted to try and do the same. If it happens in the future I’ll do the same thing.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5525563/veteran-flyer-back-on-the-flank/?cs=3713

Drag Queen

Bench
Dragons Den News

HE’S been a fixture on the wing for a decade, but Dragons stalwart Jason Nightingale says he’s willing reprise his recent switch to a bench utility role if called on.

Nightingale has spent most of his 261 games on the flank where he’s scored 109 tries. He was shifted to the bench for his side’s round 14 clash with Canterbury and has started the past four games from the interchange.

He’ll return to the right wing, with Kurt Mann moving to the bench, for Sunday’s clash with the Tigers but said he’ll happily play anywhere in the 17 if need be.

“I’ve enjoyed the challenge, it’s a bit of a rush when you come on in the middle and you don’t have long,” Nightingale said.

“Who knows whether I’ll be back there in the future but I’ll obviously be doing all I can to make sure I play the best I can on the wing this weekend.

“I think Kurt earned that opportunity, he’ valuable to our team wherever he plays and I wanted to try and do the same. If it happens in the future I’ll do the same thing.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5525563/veteran-flyer-back-on-the-flank/?cs=3713
Retirement may be calling but what a legend.

Crush

Coach
Dragons Den News

FFS, he's actually back in the starting wing spot. I give up. Sack the coach.
Most conservative, negative, backward thinking coach ever. I would love to see him take a chance on Herbert.
Anyway, what do you do.
Go Nighty. Yay......

McBrain Dead is in Disneyland at a time
when our team can least afford it.

Hope Flo has a blinder tomorrow.

If Flo is exposed defensively by the Tigers, Mary should be quietly wheeled over the Gap.

Flo has been a tremendous player, Mary will never be a tremendous coach.

possm

Coach
You're spot on with that team Possm. And I hope you're well by the way.
Until Mary's love-in with Aitken & Lafai in the centres ends, the backline will be less than ideal. They have a gold pass because Mary considers his 'rescue' of Lafai post Bulldogs his great humanitarian achievement & in Aitken he sees the embodiment of his own struggle against adversity with leg injuries. Form meant nothing last year. He has his favourites, which usually causes friction and disunity in most enterprises.
For an anal retentive coach only injury or loss of personnel will induce change.
We've only got Dufty because of Dugan's exit, and Herbert & Lomax will only get a crack in the centres if Airken pulls a hammy off the bone or Lafai develops leprosy.
I'll keep plugging away for Field as well, as the 'ragdolled' slur against him doesn't wash with me. The same was said about Dufty's size, but most seem to have gotten over that issue. And the guy who should've got SOO man of series, Damien Cook who is of smaller stature than the above two ain't gettin' ragdolled too much by all accounts?? I like your evenhanded & sensible posts Possm.
All good mate. I'm up and about and my wife is already at me to clean out the garage! Should be back to full health in a couple of weeks.

hazzbeen

Bench
FFS, he's actually back in the starting wing spot. I give up. Sack the coach.
Most conservative, negative, backward thinking coach ever. I would love to see him take a chance on Herbert.
Anyway, what do you do.
Go Nighty. Yay......
AH Crush your a classic mate ......:)

Drag Queen

Bench
Mark my words - Lomax will be on the right wing come semi finals and on the bench will be
Kurt Mann
You don't rate Mann in a full time position Mickey? I do. I haven't seen much of Lomax though. Apparently he can play FB, winger and centre. Sounds just like Mann. Thoughts?

Latest posts