What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Three tries in 80 minutes isn't "almost at will" Saint Jimmy.

In Reggie's, our team with Lomax in it have had 7 tries scored against them, and just as many down Lomaxs side.

Nighty is still our best winger.

I agree with you about Nightingale, and don't understand why MacDonald doesn't receive the same criticism with his stuff ups.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
And??

34-14
8-1 record
Number 1 in Attack
Number 1 in Defence
Premiership favourites

Shall I continue?

Hubris causes the fall of many.

If you can't acknowledge that (despite the largesse of a 20 point victory), the Storm still scored an equal amount of tries, then it's a classic case of an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

It was a good win but not one without many areas to be remedied.

ouryears

Bench
And??

34-14
8-1 record
Number 1 in Attack
Number 1 in Defence
Premiership favourites

Shall I continue?

The only thing I don't like is the premiership favourites tag. Still prefer to be maybe 3rd favourites and have an under dog tag.

Do favourites usually win this thing?

ouryears

Bench

If you can't acknowledge that (despite the largesse of a 20 point victory), the Storm still scored an equal amount of tries, then it's a classic case of an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

But they didn't score equal number of tries Jimmy.

4÷3 means we scored 33.333% more tries

giboz71

First Grade

Of course we can still improve. No one is disputing that.

But it’s less than 24 hours after pumping the Storm at Kogarah in front of almost 20,000.

And yet we still we hear Aitken, Nighty (and now Hunt) can’t defend. I’m sure the Dufty needs to be dropped posts will start again soon (where is DQ??)

FMD imagine this place if we weren’t leading the comp in practically every category!

MilanDragon

Juniors

Agree, need to stay grounded and continue to look at how we can improve.

But it was actually 4 tries to the dragons and 3 to the storm, therefore we had more tries.

Also you do need to factor in penalty goals as it means we are in attacking positions, therefore doing all the right stuff. I’d happily win games where we score less tries but win because of penalty goals. I have no issue with that - do you?

giboz71

First Grade
The only thing I don't like is the premiership favourites tag. Still prefer to be maybe 3rd favourites and have an under dog tag.

Do favourites usually win this thing?

I’m pretty sure Melb we’re favourites all last year and they won in a canter.

I’d be pretty stoked if we did the same thing.

ouryears

Bench
Agree, need to stay grounded and continue to look at how we can improve.

But it was actually 4 tries to the dragons and 3 to the storm, therefore we had more tries.

Also you do need to factor in penalty goals as it means we are in attacking positions, therefore doing all the right stuff. I’d happily win games where we score less tries but win because of penalty goals. I have no issue with that - do you?
Hey I would be happy kicking 8 penalty goals and a field goal and winning 17-16 against a team scoring 4 unconverted tries lol.

I went to a game in the 1980s where we scored 6 tries to 3 and we got beat.

I was furious for weeks.

So I am owed one.

Old Timer

Coach
But they didn't score equal number of tries Jimmy.

4÷3 means we scored 33.333% more tries
Your maths is as bad as you knowledge of the knock on rules.
We scored 4 they scored 3 i.e. 3/4's of what we did therefore we scored 25% more than them.

SBD82

Coach
Your maths is as bad as you knowledge of the knock on rules.
We scored 4 they scored 3 i.e. 3/4's of what we did therefore we scored 25% more than them.
Also, based on the assessment of our loss to Melbourne last year, when we scored a couple of tries that didn't really count because the game was already over, Can we also take away one of their tries? 4-2 sounds good.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah and for all those who lived through those times, that ended well...NOT
Not sure why you say that.
Our family grew up in HC and we managed to get a higher education including uni and we all went onto good careers instead of being forced to leave school or join the employ of govt utilities.
My father had a life saving operation that was unavailable pre medicare.
The Whitlam govt actually delivered 3 surplus despite their so called financial mismanagement.
A bit harsh if you are blaming the 75 GF loss to the liberal strong hold of the eastern suburbs on Gough.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Not sure why you say that.
Our family grew up in HC and we managed to get a higher education including uni and we all went onto good careers instead of being forced to leave school or join the employ of govt utilities.
My father had a life saving operation that was unavailable pre medicare.
The Whitlam govt actually delivered 3 surplus despite their so called financial mismanagement.
A bit harsh if you are blaming the 75 GF loss to the liberal strong hold of the eastern suburbs on Gough.
Didn't end well for Gough I mean.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Can't believe the calls for Flo to go this week, yet he was one of our best players in the mighty Anzac Day match against the Chooks.
Every Champion has an off week....even the great JT, but never right them off!

The Damo

Juniors
Or it may have a positive effect on the players. The players might feel even more confident about winning this year's comp if Lomax or Mann proves to be a better option than Nightingale.

I am basing my thoughts on logic and rational, no emotion.
Given your logical, rational thinking also advocates dropping Aitken I’d suggest that’s not as convincing as you think it is. Maybe get in touch with your feelings - tons of evidence out there that emotional intelligence improves decision making.

The Damo

Juniors

4 don’t equal 3.
Plus all their tries were scored right on the edge - just one of ours was.
This doesn’t mean there’s not plenty to improve, but to not acknowledge that we were clearly better that the Storm that game is hubris too.

Latest posts