What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine axes Footy Show? Fatty gorrrn

juggalo

Juniors
thurs night footy really f**ked the show....started about 9:30pm and would drag on after 11:30pm....who the f**k is watching anything at that time, and particularly the drivel the footy show came up with?

It always used to start at 930 back in its heyday. The move to Wednesday nights then back to Thursday’s after the game would have been the final nail in the coffin

King hit

Coach
Yvonne Sampson was the huge loss for 9. The rest of the hosting talent sucks.

She's an absolute star imo.

Incredibly likeable, an excellent host, knowledgeable about footy... and yes, she also possesses the best boobies in the business.

She is really the only Queenslander who is excellent behind the mike

Stallion

First Grade
It always used to start at 930 back in its heyday. The move to Wednesday nights then back to Thursday’s after the game would have been the final nail in the coffin

Think you will find it was aired at 8.30pm then got relegated to 9.30pm. The fact the show hardly ever started on time (always late) was another disturbing factor surrounding the Footy show.

Brutus

Referee
Think you will find it was aired at 8.30pm then got relegated to 9.30pm. The fact the show hardly ever started on time (always late) was another disturbing factor surrounding the Footy show.

Typical channel 9. Never start rugby league content on time.

Canard

Immortal
For a couple of years QLD had it's own Footy Show produced in Brisbane in place of the Sydney one.

Pretty crazy that C9 used to produce 3 versions of the show. Obviously was a lot more money floating around TV in those days.

beave

Coach
For a couple of years QLD had it's own Footy Show produced in Brisbane in place of the Sydney one.

Pretty crazy that C9 used to produce 3 versions of the show. Obviously was a lot more money floating around TV in those days.

It wasn’t called the ‘Footy Show’ mate.

It was called ‘blow wind up the Broncos for 55mins and talk negativley about the other 3 QLD clubs for 5min’ show.

TBH, all other 3 QLD teams were pretty shit back then.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
It wasn’t called the ‘Footy Show’ mate.

It was called ‘blow wind up the Broncos for 55mins and talk negativley about the other 3 QLD clubs for 5min’ show.

TBH, all other 3 QLD teams were pretty shit back then.

Beave, I'm pretty sure it predated the Cowboys and Crushers existence.

It was definitely the Broncos show like you said though, with no mention of the Gold Coast.

wittyfan

Referee
J

I've seen a clip on Youtube from the Brisbane version where John Ribot and Mario Fenech get into it over Super League, at one point Ribot said he would "teach" Mario all about how contracts work!

This decision by Channel 9 has come 24 years too late. The Thursday night Footy Show was directed at the lowest common denominator, i.e. a rugby league fan who never finished high school and has never read a book or even a magazine article. In other words, it was television for morons. It is beyond belief that someone as mentally thick as Vautin could be allowed to compere a TV show.

The only future is a rugby league opinion program that features Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis, Andrew Voss, little bits of Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler, plus lots of commentary from the impending media star Cooper Cronk.

Replace the not very pretty Erin Molan with beautiful Lara Pitt as leading woman.

Have discussion only of rugby league games, and players, and coaches, with highlights of last weekend's matches, including matches from England and France (Catalans and Toulouse), and Canada (Toronto Wolfpack).

That will be a program that serious rugby league fan viewers will watch..

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
Even though I can't stand AFL, that show on Ch 7 was watchable because it was a bunch of actual comedians who also happen to be fans making jokes. There's nothing as awful as watching people without any sense of how to do comedy trying to be 'funny'.

Aside from the odd professional presenter, Ch 9 seems obsessed with having ex players in everything. That's fine in terms of analysis when its Sterling or Johns. But the rest are terrible full stop. Half the time it comes across as about as well made as a school play.

Brutus

Referee
I respect fatty for his conduct of an ARL news conference at the start of the Super League war.
Murdoch's shill Piers Akerman turned up. Fatty said "what's your question, you fat piece of shit?"

Fat heap if shit. Classic. I remember it. We need this on youtube.

Incorrect

Coach
Fat heap if shit. Classic. I remember it. We need this on youtube.
I remember Akerman penning an article in the days following how he was ridiculed and sworn at by someone named "Fats Vaughan" at the press conference. LOL.

What was the merkin doing there anyway, he obviously had about as much interest in rugby league as Elton John has in getting a Playboy subscription...

Latest posts