What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine axes Footy Show? Fatty gorrrn

Brutus

Referee
The question is will channel 9 cross-promote their NRL coverage during their Aus tennis Open broadcasts.

Channel 7 went nuts talking flogball during the tennis when they had the rights.

Haffa

The question is will channel 9 cross-promote their NRL coverage during their Aus tennis Open broadcasts.

Channel 7 went nuts talking flogball during the tennis when they had the rights.
MacAvaney mentioned fagball 8 times that I counted during the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games.

MacAvaney mentioned fagball 8 times that I counted during the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games.

The good news is old Bwooce is definitely dying from the “Butt-Flu”.

No one will have to hear this old quince farting his smoke-rings about random Victorians for much longer.

The Marshall

Juniors
I half expect them to trot out Aussie Ostrich and Daryl Sommers for a 'special' edition. The set of the show looks like one of those 90s kids games shows. But never fear just turn to Willie Mason to save the sinking ship. Genius those producers.
They must have big plans for Willie they have sent him to the Channel 9 dentist........

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I made another attempt to watch the Footy Show last night, it's just plain unwatchable car crash TV. Joey looks totally disinterested (probably because of the ridiculous shirts he has to wear), Gird's should run straight to Fox because he would be great on the Matty Johns show. Beau has become the Robbie Farah of Channel 9, they've paid him a lot of money but dont need him anymore.
Matty's show just seems effortless as they are just having a bit of fun and not taking themselves to seriously, but at the same time they know their stuff when its time to talk footy.

Thankfully as of 2018 the Footy Show isn't on NZ TV anymore. Neither is the Sunday version though which is a slight loss I guess. Last year we got rid of Channel 9 commentary which was also good.

The Footy Show started dying when Matty Johns got fired. Now he's laughing at them.

Beau, Erin, Brohman and Vautin all ran this show into the ground.

Erin's a joke with her lame-ass "look at me" rants (Radradra, Papalii etc). All the Fox women are better, especially Hannah.

Beau's a mong who's not as funny as Matty or Fletch.

Brohman's a slob who has no place on TV.

Vautin's a wanker who should've been put out to pasture years ago.

Sphagnum

Coach
None of the people who are on this shit have ever been trained to work on TV. That's the problem. There not funny, interesting, articulate or intelligent. They're just boofhead ex footy players and manheaded weather girls.

Pretty standard for a channel 9 show though so surprised their audience doesn't feel like they're being catered to.

forward pass

Coach
Gotta laugh.

For the last 10 years this show has been unmercifully bagged for not 'talking about footy' enough, so when they do - now it is rubbish and they should make it more entertaining. Ha.

For the record - I think it is rubbish now too but I never really hated the old one that much. It was acceptable. If you IQ'd the old show and skipped past the boring bits down to about 30 minutes or so, it was decent enough viewing.

Stallion

First Grade
Wonder if Melbourne channel 9 are showing Broncos v Storm! ? If so the overall tv ratings for tonight will be much improved from what's been achieved so far for this season.

Stallion

First Grade

Good and very constructive point!

Latest posts