What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No NQ?

Kingytek

Juniors
People, a friend of mine is adament that there will be no NQ Cowboys under 20 team next year.
I tried to tell him that I doubted what he was saying, but he honestly believes it.

Can someone please confirm that there will be a NQ Cowboy u\20 Team in 2008?
Maybe provide a link to somewhere official....

Thanks

Glenn

First Grade
One of the conditions of the U/20's cup is that ALL teams field a U/20's side (either the NRL club or a defacto club (Such as Souths using Norths in PL)).

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
no Glenn, i dont think what you call 'defacto clubs' are allowed for U20, however they will exist for the new PL.

Ant

Juniors
I have no link sorry, but NQ will definitely have a side, every nrl side will have an u/20 side. I know NQ have signed a number of 19 year olds purely to bolster that team. I was talking to their development officers last week about it. Like I said no link, but take it as fact.

Glenn

First Grade
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
no Glenn, i dont think what you call 'defacto clubs' are allowed for U20, however they will exist for the new PL.

Ahh yes my bad :oops:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ant said:
I have no link sorry, but NQ will definitely have a side, every nrl side will have an u/20 side. I know NQ have signed a number of 19 year olds purely to bolster that team. I was talking to their development officers last week about it. Like I said no link, but take it as fact.

So does that mean Warriors and Melbourne will also have a team?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting

Instead of say, Victoria Police vs NSW Police before a Melbourne/Dragons game at Olympic Park, it will be Melbourne Vs Dragons in U20's.

I heard Central Coast were gonna be part of the comp, but I assume they'll be with Melbourne since there arent enough juniors in Melbourne to make a team for the U20's comp.

girvie

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Interesting

Instead of say, Victoria Police vs NSW Police before a Melbourne/Dragons game at Olympic Park, it will be Melbourne Vs Dragons in U20's.

I heard Central Coast were gonna be part of the comp, but I assume they'll be with Melbourne since there arent enough juniors in Melbourne to make a team for the U20's comp.
The Storm's Under-20s team will be based in Melbourne however the Central Coast will have a Premier League team that will be a feeder for the Storm.