What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
What sort of a person makes death threats over a footy match ?
Disappointing especially cause Cecchin seemed like one of the only ones who genuinely tried to be better. Unlike Perenara who I would stab repeatedly with a rusty fork. Jks AFP

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

TheParraboy

Staff member
When Matt Cecchin says he’s worked under eight - yes eight - NRL referees bosses in his time as an elite referee, shouldn’t that send alarm bells ringing that something other than the name of the man in charge of NRL Refs depts is worth looking at as part of the problem?

We have had 7 in 12 years,
Smith, JT, Hagan, Anderson, SK, Stuart, BA

BA gets the flick next year, there is our 8...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Let’s not kid ourselves here - until the media realises we are part of the problem regarding attitudes to referees then we are no hope of being part of the solution

not sure about this comment, attitudes to refs have always been the same, they screw up deserve to be exposed. there have been some really poor decisions by referees that defy belief, cant now start blaming coaches or the game because of their incompetence (including the bunker in this).

IFR33K

Coach
Did anyone watch one of the post footy shows last night? The one with Harrigon, Hughes, Buzz and Steve Roach.

They were talking about if SBW became available next year, who could sign him. Buzz said the roosters. Hughes and roach laughed it off, and Hughes began questioning how could they afford him in a salary capped comp.

Brett finch during one of yesterday’s game also said roosters have a 20 mill cap. Very interesting comments coming from the media.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What sort of a pissweak reply is that from Buzz? Smith used the word ‘we’ and was including himself and Foxsports in that criticism.

Gronk

Staff member
What sort of a pissweak reply is that from Buzz? Smith used the word ‘we’ and was including himself and Foxsports in that criticism.

I noticed a lot of back peddling on the Sunday Footy Show and the merkins on 2MMM. Everyone is claiming that they were never critical to individual refs but moreso the bunker or "the system".

Meanwhile Buzz or PKent write articles or jump on NRL360 saying that refs have sunk our game to a 100 year low. Just own it f**kers.
yes.gif

84 Baby

Referee
I'm going to go to the rest of Cows games with my children in the hope he comes over to give them his headgear.

And then I'll job him one. Then yell to the camera "You should have done that years ago Hindy FFS!"