What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I would think that a COP would assist a young player when being railroaded into signing a contract that was not in his best interests. Why the RLPA rolled over on this is very confusing.

I am guessing that he RLPA are leaning heavily upon the players Manager to give his client good advice.

LOL
Wasn't the special one reportedly coerced into relinquishing the cooling off period to sign with the Titans?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yes he was, he had till midnight to decide from memory, according to the media

emjaycee

Coach
yes he was, he had till midnight to decide from memory, according to the media
So the no cooling off period didn't help the player did it. He signed with a club he didn't want to play for, for longer than he didn't want to play for, for more money sure but where was his player manager again?

That's right, trying not to get himself barred.

Gronk

Staff member
So the no cooling off period didn't help the player did it. He signed with a club he didn't want to play for, for longer than he didn't want to play for, for more money sure but where was his player manager again?

That's right, trying not to get himself barred.

It wasn't the COP that failed, it was the rule that the COP could be waived by a lawyer allegedly acting in the player's best interests.

Waive the ability to waive the COP and we have a winner. *waves*

parra pete

Referee
THIS IS SO CORNY....Even I am embarrassed by it...:lol:

A husband and wife were resting on a beach when they noticed a girl with a travel bag. She would approach people with boom boxes and other electronic devices and speak to them. Occasionally she would hand them something and walk off.
"She's probably selling drugs," said the woman.
The man decided to see for himself. The wife watched as her husband walked across the beach to the girl with the travel bag. They spoke briefly, and then her husband returned.
"Is she selling drugs," asked the Wife anxiously?
"No, she's not," replied her Husband. 'She's selling batteries."
"You don't mean...?"
"Yep," finished her husband. "She sells c-cells by the sea shore!"

Incorrect

Coach
In the spirit of the season....

There was a Russian husband and wife walking down a chilly Moscow street one wintry evening. They got to talking about the weather and could not come to an agreement as to whether it was sleet or merely rain that was falling as they continued on their evening stroll...

"It's sleet for sure" Said the husband
"No, it's only rain" replied the wife

They continued with their differing opinions until they saw an old communist acquaintance named Rudolph approaching from the opposite direction....

Asked the wife when Rudolph was nearby - "Comrade Rudolph, please settle and argument for us. Is that rain or sleet falling on us right now?"
"Rain. Most definitely rain" replied Rudolph and he quickly continued past them...

"See, I told you it was rain" said the wife
"Why? Just because he said so?" replied the husband
" Yes of course. Because Rudolph the Red knows rain dear"......

Incorrect

Coach
Soooo. Crichton to the Chooks for 2019 and beyond....

Trent Robinson must pinch himself every day to make sure he ain't dreaming... Bloke has never had to deal with a horrible roster like Nathan Brown has had the past couple of years, or some of the Eels and Titans squads that have run around in the past 10 years.... Good luck to him I guess....

Bandwagon

Staff member
With no alternative offers on the table.
And when there was one made, he jumped for allegedly $300k - $700k less.

Just sayin'

Yeah sure, but in the context of the conversation would a cooling off period have made any difference?

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah sure, but in the context of the conversation would a cooling off period have made any difference?

In the initial engagement of the Special One to the Titans - yes, I would think.
It would have enabled Hayne to walk out of the meeting with the Titans offer in his hand and get his manager to confirm whether Parra had any interest and at what price.

I recall that Hayne was told there hadn't been an offer from Parramatta (formally at least) by his manager and therefore signed the Titans offer without full knowledge.

A COP would have given him the time to make an informed decision.

parra pete

Referee
Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

"In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said, "You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

"You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."

Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And just what do those symbolize?"

The man replied, "These are Carol's."

parra pete

Referee
Nah,,,no way If...Ya heard Juan, ya heard Amhal

A salesman knocks at the door of a home and it's answered by a twelve-year-old boy with a cigar in one hand and a half-empty bottle of scotch in the other.
The salesman asks the boy, "Excuse me, son, but is your mum or dad in?"
To which the kid replies, "Does it look like it?"
cleardot.gif

here's one for you pete....

A husband comes home to find his wife watching tv and suddenly she yells out "Don't go there! Don't go into that church you dumb bitch!"

the husband asks "What the hell are you watching?" the wife replies "Our wedding video"

Latest posts