What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But a greater margin than when he beat Abbott.

The idiots are digging their own graves. Abbott has been undermining Turnbull Fitzy style for years.

How crazy that this will only end with Shorten winning by a landslide. Ironically, Bill will shut down all of the coal powered generators. Take that Tony. Excellent plan mate. :rolleyes:
There will be another challenge. The only way that LNP can now survive at the next election is to replace Turnbull and hope for the bounce back that a new leader might provide. Even then, their hopes are slim.

Gronk

Staff member
So true. The LNP have fought amongst themselves over climate change and renewables whilst ordinary Australians just want it done and the Government to get on with it. Same with SSM.

Eelogical

Referee
I watched question time today at 2pm on the ABC, that stuff is priceless. The theatrics alone would make a soccer player weep. Captivating TV at its best.

Suitman

Post Whore
tried watching it one day

hard to believe these squabbling idiots run our country, I lasted nearly 1 minute

I watched yesterday. 1 minute wasn't enough so I lasted about 10 minutes. Just to give it a fair go.
I haven't watched Parliament for quite a long time.
It's astounding, as you say, that these people are entrusted to run our country.
I've seen better behavior in a child care centre.

parra pete

Referee
An Irishman finds a sandwich in the gutter with two red wires sticking out of it. He phones the police and says "Help me, bejesus. I've found a sandwich that looks like a bomb". The operator says, "IS IT TICKIN,?" . He says, "NO I TINK ITS BEEF!"

Gronk

Staff member
So you are blaming it on the weather gronk?
No, I don’t actually agree with the NYT in so far as our PM kerfuffle is bc of climate change.

It’s because leadership in the LNP (and up to recently the LP) can be changed on a dime. The LP changed the way they elect a leader as it now needs to go to the full vote of all labor party members, not just the vote of 70 people. This is what is happening now.

The nationals and the libs are a rabble with ideologies at polar opposites. This spill is because of a revolt by the conservatives vs the moderates. The days of Menzies and Howard saying that they were a broad church are over. The right have taken over the LNP by gun point. What is crazy is that polls have Turnbull as the preferred PM by a country mile. Way ahead of Shorten. Way ahead of Dutton. Yet since Mal won the last election, the conservatives have been plotting against him. This has effected his ability to govern and run a tight ship. As the last week will show, Mal tries to placate the factions and then when he does, they then label him a back flipper. You can’t win against those who are focused on revenge over policy and representing their voters.

Anyway, it seems that Bill will be PM by a landslide, so I’m fine with that. He’s a bit if a Homer Simpson, but at least he will also be a moderate and not do crazy shit.

After the dust settles merkins will be looking at Abbott and wondering what this was all about. The answer is just revenge at the cost of everything.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The New York Times seems to be able to write a more balanced article about our current political situation than any Aussie tabloid sans agenda.

One of the biggest problems we have had for far too long is that our media are owned by someone who is left or right of centre.

Gronk

Staff member
The New York Times seems to be able to write a more balanced article about our current political situation than any Aussie tabloid sans agenda.

One of the biggest problems we have had for far too long is that our media are owned by someone who is left or right of centre.
They have recently watered down media ownership laws (hence fairfax ch9 merger) and it is expected that Ch7 and News Ltd will merge.

If they get their hands on the ABC then holding pollies to account will be clouded even more by agendas.