What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Only in SA, the will never ban horse racing it makes far too much money. And it's one of the biggest industries in Aus.

Nor should they ban horse racing, provided that the treatment of animals is humane, that breeding is not excessive (which leads to culling) and that euthanasia should be a last resort after they have attempted to place a horse. IIRC most horses go to auction and pet food companies buy many. They are then controlled on how they may euthanize the animal.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hasn't jumps racing been banned in NSW for yonks? Or, at least in areas governed by the AJC. I think those in the Victorian catchment (Deniliquin) do it.
They haven't raced jumps in NSW since i can remember, not sure if it was banned or jumps racing just was never strong enough.

I reckon that the greyhound industry has had long enough to self-regulate. I do feel for the small owner-trainers for whom this is a way of life, and who do the right thing. But at the end of the day the basically endemic cruelty aint worth it as far as I'm concerned......and I once considered buying a dog (though I also used to think that keeping flighted birds in a cage was cool).

Kornstar

Coach
lol mate they are bred to race, it's what they were born to do.

They may be bred to race but they are Not born to race. As we cannot communicate with animals how the f**k do they know that they love to race?

By your logic the cows that are born to be food love dying?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They may be bred to race but they are Not born to race. As we cannot communicate with animals how the f**k do they know that they love to race?

Mate I have had a fair bit to do with horses, they are amazing creatures all different with their own quirks. But I can tell you all the ones I have had to do with they absolutely love to run so I see no reason why they don't love to race.

Kornstar

Coach
Mate I have had a fair bit to do with horses, they are amazing creatures all different with their own quirks. But I can tell you all the ones I have had to do with they absolutely love to run so I see no reason why they don't love to race.

Run free, not in circles getting whipped then killed when they are no longer useful, i.e. Making you money.

I have an opinion and so do you which is cool. I won't change your mind (nor am I trying to) and I personally just don't get why anyone wants to watch animals competing in anything, especially something as beautiful as a horse.

We are all different and you enjoy horse racing, doesn't really affect my life and my opinion doesn't affect yours :thumbsup:

Incorrect

Coach

I've always thought it'd be cool to be a T-Bone...

Gronk

Staff member
Is it safe to say that we're the best cricket team in the world now ?

[Provided that the ball doesn't swing or spin]

Gronk

Staff member
Went to my sons "showcase" for HSC music last night.

Students played stuff like Concerto No.7 1st Movement by de Beriot on violin. Others were solo pieces on piano and even french horn. Some did arias from Italian or german operas.

What did my son do ? "Carriers of the Plague" by Psycroptic - electric guitar solo.

Oh dear ....

BTW he shredded it.
rock.gif

Incorrect

Coach
Went to my sons "showcase" for HSC music last night.

Students played stuff like Concerto No.7 1st Movement by de Beriot on violin. Others were solo pieces on piano and even french horn. Some did arias from Italian or german operas.

What did my son do ? "Carriers of the Plague" by Psycroptic - electric guitar solo.

Oh dear ....

BTW he shredded it.
rock.gif

And I'll bet everyone who left after sitting through all the performances mentioend your boy to their friends and each other on their way home... all the other performers probably blurred in to one long snoorefest...

Bravo Gronky Jnr I say!

Latest posts