What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Incorrect

Coach
I'm not defending anyone, In fact I am highlighting my long held opinion that a huge percentage of males of our species are scum.

You only have to see the cave man type attitudes towards DV. Don't get me started on those scumbag men who use region as an excuse to degrade, humiliate, incarcerate, mutilate and even murder women.

Which region? Western suburbs I assume?? Claymore, the Druitt et al???

Gronk

Staff member
Which region? Western suburbs I assume?? Claymore, the Druitt et al???

Fixed, merkin
fist.gif

strider

Post Whore
Keyser Trad is a knob and will always try and justify every last bit of the Koran. We know this already. We also know that there are a lot of other Muslim leaders who think his comments are appalling.

Yes, Trad's comments are terrible and he should be f**king ashamed of himself. But let's not pretend that Bolt didn't know exactly what he was doing here. He engineered the whole thing to create the sort of outrage that we are seeing. It might even get a few more people tuning into his show.

It's the same trick that the f**kwits at Q&A use to get the lefties fired up and it is absolute shit. When ratings and media relevance are at stake it is easier to maintain and reinforce the divide instead of presenting things that help unite people.
agree .... there is alot of stirring the pot going on to try and get something to happen ..... unfortunately thats the new world we live in with every f**ker on social media desperate to give an opinion

hindy111

Post Whore
agree .... there is alot of stirring the pot going on to try and get something to happen ..... unfortunately thats the new world we live in with every f**ker on social media desperate to give an opinion

People want to feel important. As religion seems to be fading away the younger generation need some meaning or purpose.
People with opinions shouldn't have opinion unless they are fact. But I guess that's an opinion right?

Gronk

Staff member
There can be meaning or purpose (and ethics and morals) without religion (imaginary friends).

Nooooooooo. Morality cannot exist without religion. You ask them.

Thank f**k for the 10 commandments, otherwise we would have never worked out the difference between right and wrong by ourselves.

hindy111

Post Whore
There can be meaning or purpose (and ethics and morals) without religion (imaginary friends).

We are not talking about ethics and morals. The bigger picture . Existence.
I'm not religious but it gives people hope when they feel like things are getting them down?

Gronk

Staff member
We are not talking about ethics and morals. The bigger picture . Existence.
I'm not religious but it gives people hope when they feel like things are getting them down?

Agree. I look forward to my 72 virgins often.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Keyser Trad is a knob and will always try and justify every last bit of the Koran. We know this already. We also know that there are a lot of other Muslim leaders who think his comments are appalling.

Yes, Trad's comments are terrible and he should be f**king ashamed of himself. But let's not pretend that Bolt didn't know exactly what he was doing here. He engineered the whole thing to create the sort of outrage that we are seeing. It might even get a few more people tuning into his show.

It's the same trick that the f**kwits at Q&A use to get the lefties fired up and it is absolute shit. When ratings and media relevance are at stake it is easier to maintain and reinforce the divide instead of presenting things that help unite people.
Of course Bolt knew what he was doing, all in pursuit of ratings. However, rightly or wrongly, it doesn't change the fact that these are the beliefs of a community leader. He should be publicly shamed for the Neanderthal he is.

strider

Post Whore
Unfortunately no matter how much back tracking he does to save his ass, it seems this is what he and many truely believe ... the first thought is not that its never ok to get violent .... i think it would take a long long time to get such attitudes out of their ways because its what they are brought up to know .... im sure its only a segment of the population, but its likely a fair chunk

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course Bolt knew what he was doing, all in pursuit of ratings. However, rightly or wrongly, it doesn't change the fact that these are the beliefs of a community leader. He should be publicly shamed for the Neanderthal he is.
No-one, including fellow Muslims take the bloke seriously. Making a big deal out of it gives him and Bolt more relevance than they deserve.

Rather than outrage, the better method of dealing with these cretins and their unfathomably stupid comments is to starve them of oxygen.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No-one, including fellow Muslims take the bloke seriously. Making a big deal out of it gives him and Bolt more relevance than they deserve.

Rather than outrage, the better method of dealing with these cretins and their unfathomably stupid comments is to starve them of oxygen.
In the interests of being balanced. I believe the same should apply to the extreme left.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Can't agree Gary. I think public outrage is actually the right way to go...whether it's against imbeciles who believe in this garbage or those that commit it.

I also can't agree that no one takes this guy seriously. According to their website

"the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Inc (AFIC), as the national umbrella organisation for Australian Muslims representing Islam and Muslims at a national and international level. AFIC has its head office in Sydney with branch offices in Melbourne.

As a democratic organisation, AFIC holds Federal Council Meetings with all State and Territory affiliates quarterly and an Annual Congress with all State , Territory Councils and Societies participating. The AFIC Committee of Management is elected every three years by the Annual Congress."

He was democratically elected so he represents at least some of the community who obviously take him seriously.

http://muslimsaustralia.com.au/about-us/

Happy MEel

First Grade
Unfortunately no matter how much back tracking he does to save his ass, it seems this is what he and many truely believe ... the first thought is not that its never ok to get violent .... i think it would take a long long time to get such attitudes out of their ways because its what they are brought up to know .... im sure its only a segment of the population, but its likely a fair chunk
Nailed it.

strider

Post Whore

In the interests of being balanced. I believe the same should apply to the extreme left.
So you're saying gronk needs to stop posting every time trump farts the wrong way?

Please say yes

Gronk

Staff member
If you watch this, Bolt is all about the gotcha moment because (goody goody) he has found a passage in the koran than says you can beat your wife as a last resort.

Not condoning the Koran (isn't it spelt with a Q?) of course, however to be consistent, I will leave these Bible quotes here...

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46)

When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion. (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

The two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed himself with his face to the earth please turn aside to your servant’s house and spend the night sand wash your feet. Then you may rise up early and go on your way.” They said, “No; we will spend the night in the town square.” And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.” Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.” (Genesis 19:1–11)

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
So you're saying gronk needs to stop posting every time trump farts the wrong way?

Please say yes

TBH I have not been posting much about the Trumpster of late. Seth Meyers from the Late Show seems to be doing a far better daily sledge of him than I can.