What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah all good mate I knew you were stirring. I love seeing unbelievably bad golf shots, makes me feel better about my game. In fact if you ever feel bad about your golf swing I recommend watching Charles Barkley swing a club. Makes anyone look like a pro
That pause at the top of his swing is f**ken bizarre.

Gronk

Staff member
Before children we had a weekender on the Central Coast. I used to play golf back then and I'd go to to a driving range at Bateau Bay.

An old guy with a hat used to give free lessons. Not personal lessons, but he'd walk along the line of merkins hitting balls and straighten you up or make you drop a hip or shoulder. Over time my swing improved so much it literally took off a stroke a hole. His name was Billy Dunk. Ever heard of him ? True gentleman and I could see that he just loved golf and people.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep what the f*ck does Gary love about this game so much? Must be ine if the few who can play the game. F*ck you Gary!!
I always enjoy golf for the first 5 or 6 holes then I realise how shit I am and how angry the game makes me :joy:

84 Baby

Referee
Also, if Trump is off 3 I'll eat my own penis. He is a low to mid 80s shooter at best.
It's a Kim Jong Il type 3 handicap

https://www.thestar.com/sports/golf...ded_38under_par_at_pyongyang_golf_course.html

Kim Jong-Il once carded 38-under par at Pyongyang Golf Course
One of golf’s greatest feats is to shoot one’s age.

So, imagine how spectacular a day Kim Jong-Il had back in 1994. The North Korean dictator, who died on Saturday of heart failure at age 69, scorched the 7,700-yard Pyongyang Golf Course in a stunning 38-under par, 34.

Now, before getting all bent out of shape that such a score is impossible or clearly the product of creative scorekeeping on the part of the “Dear Leader,” it’s important to note that witnesses attest to his great round.

According to reports, Kim, who was 52 at the time, carded no worse than a birdie on any hole at the country’s only golf club. He also had five holes-in-one in the round, which was witnessed by 17 armed bodyguards.

“He is an excellent golfer,” Park Young Man, the club professional, told the International Herald Tribune a couple of months after Kim’s historic round, which was widely-reported in North Korea’s state-controlled media.

Good thing for Tiger Woods and his contemporaries Kim spent his time serving his people because clearly he could have ruled the PGA Tour too.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Chopper.

Takes the club way too far inside on the backswing which puts him out of position. This in turn means his upper and lower body are not in sync on the downswing which causes him to flip his hands at impact.

He got his timing right on that swing and hit a nice draw but I could see him hitting a lot of low ugly hooks or block slices if he doesn't square the club face.

Also, his putting stroke is far too right hand dominant which means he would struggle to get a consistent roll. In fact his stroke is about as smooth as an El D pick up line.

In short he is not a golfer's arse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Doesn't he pause again like half way down as well? Can't remember it's been a while since I've seen it
Hank Haney sorted him out in one of episodes I saw and he was roasting drives with a 120mph club head speed at the range.

Went back to being Captain Pause again as soon as he got on the course.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Before children we had a weekender on the Central Coast. I used to play golf back then and I'd go to to a driving range at Bateau Bay.

An old guy with a hat used to give free lessons. Not personal lessons, but he'd walk along the line of merkins hitting balls and straighten you up or make you drop a hip or shoulder. Over time my swing improved so much it literally took off a stroke a hole. His name was Billy Dunk. Ever heard of him ? True gentleman and I could see that he just loved golf and people.
Yep. Bill Dunk is a legend of the game. You are very lucky to have been taught by him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Chopper.

Takes the club way too far inside on the backswing which puts him out of position. This in turn means his upper and lower body are not in sync on the downswing which causes him to flip his hands at impact.

He got his timing right on that swing and hit a nice draw but I could see him hitting a lot of low ugly hooks or block slices if he doesn't square the club face.

Also, his putting stroke is far too right hand dominant which means he would struggle to get a consistent roll. In fact his stroke is about as smooth as an El D pick up line.

In short he is not a golfer's arse.
You should open a new thread and analyse all of our swings after we upload them. I'll go first...(this isn't me but pretty close)

bartman

Immortal
Golfing yourself every second night longer term would definitely take off more than a stroke per hole.