What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

strider

Post Whore
They leave their loser shit pellets everywhere.

6111470-1x1-700x700.jpg
How do you know they are not raisins?

Avenger

Immortal
Anyway I was out West yesterday celebrating my godson’s 4th birthday. His dad is a life long mate and living with his in laws whilst he is building his house.

Inlaws have a place at Kemps Creek on 5 acres. God it was nice being in such open space. Farm animals everywhere. House all on one level.

Inlaws are of Maltese background. Felt right at home. What a beautiful, hardworking and hospitable family. Basically came here like most of us Mediterranean Descendants with nothing in the late 1960’s/early 70’s.

Spoke to the father at length and basically they did it with hard work but still managed to live well. He said the 70’s and 80’s were the best years to get ahead. Also said he felt the country was better during this period. He is a massive Parra fan and I agreed with him. :thumbsup:

I’m convinced it’s too difficult to do it now and own your own home by the time you get to 50 assuming you settle here as an immigrant with basically nothing.

Where did it all go wrong ?

84 Baby

Referee
Anyway I was out West yesterday celebrating my godson’s 4th birthday. His dad is a life long mate and living with his in laws whilst he is building his house.

Inlaws have a place at Kemps Creek on 5 acres. God it was nice being in such open space. Farm animals everywhere. House all on one level.

Inlaws are of Maltese background. Felt right at home. What a beautiful, hardworking and hospitable family. Basically came here like most of us Mediterranean Descendants with nothing in the late 1960’s/early 70’s.

Spoke to the father at length and basically they did it with hard work but still managed to live well. He said the 70’s and 80’s were the best years to get ahead. Also said he felt the country was better during this period. He is a massive Parra fan and I agreed with him. :thumbsup:

I’m convinced it’s too difficult to do it now and own your own home by the time you get to 50 assuming you settle here as an immigrant with basically nothing.

Other immigrants with a f**k load more than nothing?

Bazal

Post Whore

Spoke to the father at length and basically they did it with hard work but still managed to live well. He said the 80’s and early 90’s were the best years form him.

Slightly different situation not being an immigrant but I bought a small 3 bedroom ex govt house in Canberra for 450k. The even smaller, older place across the road on a slightly smaller block went for 505k and was immediately knocked down.

When I was living in the city the two bedroom apartment next door to us sold for 665k...

The price of housing is utterly ridiculous...and then you have this older generation telling my generation "oh it's so easy just stop buying coffees and save up"...FFS the two 60 year old blokes I worked with at my last job bought houses in Yarralumla and Deakin for 30-odd grand a few decades ago that are now worth 1.5 mill plus.

84 Baby

Referee
I know many families who bought acreage all around Hills District when it was still all farms. All bar one are laughing now. The one who isn't laughing got absolutely screwed over by government over the train line. One of the other families though are Mediterranean Descendant immigrants and they're laughing the most

84 Baby

Referee
The replacement of the pension with superannuation, and the rise of the Chinese economy helped push our real estate prices up.
The Chinese economy hasn't really risen per se. They're a billion strong, multi climatic, strong shipping lane country. The problem is it's a bitch for any of their mid socio-economic and up to invest in their OWN f**king COUNTRY. Communism's great if you don't have any money, f**ks up everyone else though

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Depends where you live as well. If you can work in a regional area then house prices can still be reasonable.

Even the difference between capital cities is frightening. Had a look at Sydney real estate the other week. F**k me in the arse it's expensive!