What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
You will find a huge difference when your upload is also 50mbps. From a business POV we are desperate for it. Thankfully it gets switched on in Feb and then we'll go from 17 mbps down and 1mbps up to 75 to 100 mbps each way. Everything is in the cloud these days and when you a moving 50mb files all the time, you notice it all right.

Hospital, businesses sure.....

100mps is MAX...... Put it this way I know people with fibre all way. Took scheapest plan of 12mbps. Ended with 1 or 2.... They bumped it up to the 100mbps and they now get between 20-35.

The servers from provider also have to be able to handle it all. You will also notice theyve changed the way word contracts with speeds.

All now say UP TOO......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hospital, businesses sure.....

100mps is MAX...... Put it this way I know people with fibre all way. Took scheapest plan of 12mbps. Ended with 1 or 2.... They bumped it up to the 100mbps and they now get between 20-35.

The servers from provider also have to be able to handle it all. You will also notice theyve changed the way word contracts with speeds.

All now say UP TOO......
*TWO

You will find a huge difference when your upload is also 50mbps. From a business POV we are desperate for it. Thankfully it gets switched on in Feb and then we'll go from 17 mbps down and 1mbps up to 75 to 100 mbps each way. Everything is in the cloud these days and when you a moving 50mb files all the time, you notice it all right.

Oh, it certainly makes a difference at the business level. I was in Dunedin last year, with their 'gigabit' ethernet (both at home an in the office).....really didn't change my life at home (barely noticeable), but the performance with work apps and data was quite different.