What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non NRL games should be all free tickets.

webShark

After going to England to watch the Sharks put in a pathetic effort at Wigan, I flicked our trial as received birthday present of tickets to the so called International Double Header.

Joke. Teams not announced in advance and Souths put out a NSW Cup team. So instead of watching Inglis, Burgess and Gagai watched a Nuffie team. Waste of time and left early.

NRL talks up expansion but teams allowed to field reserve graders and u20s in the likes of the Auckland 9s. The indigenous game has gone and City V Country. So take Origin to Perth! No interest there whatsoever. Yawnion even gave up despite many Brits and South Africans in Perth.

So let's see teams be truthful and not kid us Inglis etc will play.

The Sharks trial achieved what? Any Junior who played well will be ignored as did it against Manly Reserves.

Souths really dug deep. I follow lower grade and 20s footy too , but they managed to field plenty of unknown starters.

So fans head all the way to no atmosphere ANZ to witness garbage. NRL fans in general are apathetic. There were more fans from Hull than Souths and the Dragons combined.

I urge a complete boycott of all these meaningless games unless free entry.

I attend nearly all Sharks home games and some away. I could make a good case of watching on Foxtel if the NRL want the truth.

But the main thing for the NRL is girls u7 tag has record numbers and there will be a Women's Comp. Thankfully we are saved.

Frenzy.

Immortal
After going to England to watch the Sharks put in a pathetic effort at Wigan, I flicked our trial as received birthday present of tickets to the so called International Double Header.

Joke. Teams not announced in advance and Souths put out a NSW Cup team. So instead of watching Inglis, Burgess and Gagai watched a Nuffie team. Waste of time and left early.

NRL talks up expansion but teams allowed to field reserve graders and u20s in the likes of the Auckland 9s. The indigenous game has gone and City V Country. So take Origin to Perth! No interest there whatsoever. Yawnion even gave up despite many Brits and South Africans in Perth.

So let's see teams be truthful and not kid us Inglis etc will play.

The Sharks trial achieved what? Any Junior who played well will be ignored as did it against Manly Reserves.

Souths really dug deep. I follow lower grade and 20s footy too , but they managed to field plenty of unknown starters.

So fans head all the way to no atmosphere ANZ to witness garbage. NRL fans in general are apathetic. There were more fans from Hull than Souths and the Dragons combined.

I urge a complete boycott of all these meaningless games unless free entry.

I attend nearly all Sharks home games and some away. I could make a good case of watching on Foxtel if the NRL want the truth.

But the main thing for the NRL is girls u7 tag has record numbers and there will be a Women's Comp. Thankfully we are saved.

TBH I reached that point years ago

Card Shark

Immortal
Too much money in the game.

Players (generally) play for the $ & that’s it.

They charge for trials because they have to cover the ridiculous player wages bill.

All the $200M+ annually the NRL make from TV rights, & the players want more & more, so the grass roots gets less. Greed!!

Then.....We have curtis’ like Smith & Thurston having benefit games...what tha f**k!!

Ads

First Grade
I only went to a single game last year, mostly due to work clashes. Didn’t miss it at all. Much better on Fox.

King Ben

Juniors
Or you could just use one general admission ticket from a Flexi 3 or 6 membership to get into all the games..

Trouble is NRL is a captive market, the fans are fanatics and will cop all sorts of crap. The administrators dont think they have any competition. I think charging people $35 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt or similar to sit behind the goal posts at the Olympic stadium take the cake. Players should be paid out of tv rights money.

However I do think our club membership / season tickets are pretty good value for money, even if I have to miss a few games out of circumstances.

Latest posts