What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Tigers - Finals discussion & predictions

I had the feeling Parra thought they we going to win by just turning up regardless of the effort they put in,which came back to bite them big time last night.Morgan and Jason T were outstanding.As a team the Cowboys stuck to their game plan which gives them a chance against anyone they come up against in the remaining finals.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The thing with the cows is they don't seem to have a weakness or a shit player.Everyone puts in & geez they've got an abundance of quality forwards & a super bench.They r a real chance of playing in the GF.

With a fit Thurston they r at he very least the equal of melbourne.

Clifferd

Coach
Does anyone even see improvement for the Eels next year?

They're losing Radrara, basically good for 20+ tries a year, gets their sets started. I'd go as far as saying their best player in that team

Losing Beau Scott plus a couple other forwards I can't remember at this stage and gaining Kane Evans.

Bitchell Loses gets a full pre season

They get Gutho back aswell but with them overachieving this year will they even make the 8?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

They're losing Radrara, basically good for 20+ tries a year, gets their sets started. I'd go as far as saying their best player in that team

Losing Beau Scott plus a couple other forwards I can't remember at this stage and gaining Kane Evans.

They get Gutho back aswell but with them overachieving this year will they even make the 8?

They won't get the draw from heaven 2 years in a row.

Gutherson having his 3rd knee reco in 2 years. He'll struggle to get back to his form this year.

They'll probably make the 8 but I don't see them going any further then this year.

Is Beau Scott retiring is he?

Had to chuckle at the meme doing the rounds that only Parra could lose two semis in one game.

Clifferd

Coach
Records indicate he signed a 3 Year contract in 15. Could've sworn he was asked to shop around earlier this season, weird

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ha, apparently everyone in NSW should get behind the Cocks.

It'll long be a cold day in hell before I ever throw my support behind those merkins. I'd support North Korea over Easts.
Hear hear ! f**k the bondi effluent !

The cows r a genuine chance of knocking out the rorters !

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ha, apparently everyone in NSW should get behind the Cocks.

It'll long be a cold day in hell before I ever throw my support behind those merkins. I'd support North Korea over Easts.

Why the f**k would anyone do that, this is club football not state rep footy.

They are an arsehole of a club, always have been, always will be.

Clifferd

Coach
Roosters are up there with my most hated. f**k them

I would rather see a Queensland team win over them.

Besides I've always had a soft spot for the cowboys anyway, except for when we play them. Probably because we beat them in the gf :p

Clifferd

Coach
I wouldn't mind seeing A Brisbane vs Cowboys grand final again, with the underdogs (cowboys) getting up. It'd be the 1st time ever an 8th place team has won the big one too I believe.

However the ole cranium says it'll be a Storm v Rorters final

Tiger05

First Grade
I could handle the Cows or Brisbane winning but I think it will be Melbourne or the Rorters. I think I prefer Melbourne over the Rorters.

magpie_man

Juniors
Melbourne deserve it, they've been the benchmark all season.
That said, I've been loving watching the Cowboys clean out the filth from the finals series.
I'll be squealing and clapping like a kid at a Wiggles concert if they can keep it up against Easts, or as Tiger Ted aptly calls them: The Effluent.

super_coach

First Grade
Sadly the Cow's season will end this weekend. They have taken a smashing over the past month or so playing sudden death football. They have been playing on pain killers and emotions, and its hard not to be impressed with what they have achieved, but the one weeks rest is a massive advantage.

Hate the Chooks more than any team in the comp by some distance, they plunder the other clubs for their talent, they do nothing to help the NRL, they seem to be untouchable when it comes salary cap and internal dramas.

Anyway fingers crossed the Cows have at least one more win in them

magpie4ever

First Grade
Whilst I believe the NQ Cowboys will beat the chockens tomorrow, I believe this Melbourne Storm side is possibly the best modern day (no competition for the ball) football side.

Clifferd

Coach
f**k they destroyed Brisbane with fair ease yesterday. Slowly but surely

Whoever wins tonight is just playing to lose to Melb in the big one.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'd like to think that the heat may favour the cows tonight but the fact that the refs have put the whistle away could catch up with them the last 20 minutes....then again they're getting pretty good at beating the odds.
Duty to support the nsw chooks....that's as funny as it gets

Last edited: