What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

norman

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I doubt that the Dragons would now entertain Norman after their experiences with Clarke et al, Robinson, Blackburn, Walker, Naiqama, Wicks, Gasnier and Nielsen. I would prefer the they gave the locals a go. If they did recruit Norman, Doust would have to be his full-time chaperone. Up the Dragons!

Old Timer

Coach
I doubt that the Dragons would now entertain Norman after their experiences with Clarke et al, Robinson, Blackburn, Walker, Naiqama, Wicks, Gasnier and Nielsen. I would prefer the they gave the locals a go. If they did recruit Norman, Doust would have to be his full-time chaperone. Up the Dragons!
You forgot Vidot

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Sorry Old Timer I did leave out Vidot and those bad boys from the 1960's-1970's. I saw Changa at the SCG and I said "were you really as bad as they said you were?" and he proudly said with a smile "we were worse".
I will always remember those words and his sidestep and his brilliant and wholehearted play.

SaintPauli

Juniors
The $$$ is NOT everything to marquee players. It the environment, attitude and enjoyment which enhance their careers with representative honours.

The issue getting marquee signings is the selling of what the coach has to offer PLUS
With regards to Norman he has fellow mates at Parramatta, with reported talks with Jarryd Hayne on playing on with Parra and of course the coach Brad Arthur.

Were do we compete with that ???? Do the Dragons tick any boxes above?

Mary should realise he is not the best option for the Dragons to win a comp. The remaining 8 weeks
will tell us the real story. Mary you were a great player and for that I will always hold you in high regard but coaching you rate an average "C" - satisfactory which is unfortunately NOT GOOD ENOUGH for this great club.

GKJ79

Juniors
The $$$ is NOT everything to marquee players. It the environment, attitude and enjoyment which enhance their careers with representative honours.

The issue getting marquee signings is the selling of what the coach has to offer PLUS
With regards to Norman he has fellow mates at Parramatta, with reported talks with Jarryd Hayne on playing on with Parra and of course the coach Brad Arthur.

Were do we compete with that ???? Do the Dragons tick any boxes above?

Mary should realise he is not the best option for the Dragons to win a comp. The remaining 8 weeks
will tell us the real story. Mary you were a great player and for that I will always hold you in high regard but coaching you rate an average "C" - satisfactory which is unfortunately NOT GOOD ENOUGH for this great club.

A, "C" wow you must be feeling generous today saintpauli, i cant possibly give him anything but an "F" he got ths squad he wanted, and has definitely underachieved.

Bench
According to one of the media reports Mary has said that he just concentrates on coaching and leaves player acquisition is the responsibility of the recruitment officer.

Since when has a coach have no say in signing new players, he is bullshit

SaintPauli

Juniors
A, "C" wow you must be feeling generous today saintpauli, i cant possibly give him anything but an "F" he got ths squad he wanted, and has definitely underachieved.
The next 8 weeks will determine Mary's final report card. Only a miracle will change our current thoughts.

Old Timer

Coach
The next 8 weeks will determine Mary's final report card. Only a miracle will change our current thoughts.
Saint Pauli
If he's got 8 weeks till his report cards that means that we must be in the first week of the semis so Mary is home and hosed if thats the case.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Saint Pauli
If he's got 8 weeks till his report cards that means that we must be in the first week of the semis so Mary is home and hosed if thats the case.
My view is even if we scrape in Mary has already proven he will not match it with the top teams who all have attacking ability. "D" as we all agree is not all our club should be striving for! Mary should resign humbly and with dignity. Another year is looking disasterous. Hand on my heart there are 9 nrl teams better than us.

thebigredv

First Grade
Ben Creagh backs St George Illawarra’s decision to chase Corey Norman
f7d7162df59c536243f9d865f72ccc3e

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
July 24, 2016 5:56pm

ST George Illawarra veteran Ben Creagh has backed the club’s decision to chase Corey Norman, labelling the troubled Parramatta playmaker a “special player” who deserves a “second chance”.

And the Dragons’ longest- serving current player believes his club has a proven track record of helping players get their careers back on track, pointing to Josh Dugan and Russell Packer as proof.

Despite being stood down for the rest of the season after pleading guilty to possessing prohibited drugs and being involved in a sex tape scandal, Norman is on the most wanted list for off-contract players.

While Norman has previously stated his preference to stay at the Eels next year, the Dragons have reportedly weighed in with an $800,000-a-year offer to make him change his mind.

RECRUITMENT DRIVE: Cashed-up Dragons chasing superstars

It’s more than twice the Dragons offered Benji Marshall, who played his 250th NRL game on Sunday.

Asked if he would want to see Norman at the Dragons, Creagh told Triple M: “Definitely. Corey Norman is a special player. Watching him run around on a rugby league field, he is a handful.

“He has had a few dramas this year.

“But I think, you see with a lot of players in rugby league and in sport in general, when they go through tough times, when they go through turbulent times in their life where a few things aren’t going right, I think when they are given a second chance they make the most of it.”

Creagh also spoke about the work the Dragons had done with Dugan and Packer as examples of why the club could help with Norman’s career on and off the field.

“There is two perfect examples,” Creagh said.

“Those two have come along leaps and bounds.

“You could arguably say Josh Dugan is one of the best fullbacks in the game and Russell Packer has been outstanding for us all year.

“He hasn’t missed a game and really turned his life around.

“Guys like Corey Norman deserve a second chance.

“He has done a few things wrong.

“If a guy like that wanted to come to our club and we could get him I think that would be great.”