What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Sydney - 2017

Stats Bears vs bulldogs last weekend

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd16-BearsBulldogs.pdf

Dave - 61mins 10 runs, 113 metres, 1 offload, 21 tackles, 2 missed, 1 try cause
George - 56mins, 15runs, 142 metres, 2 tacklebreaks, 18 tackles, 1 missed, 1 penalty

In my opinion, George needs to spend more time at the Bears. The Bulldogs starting forwards last week were Saunders, Garvey, Tualau, Martin, Garlick (their best and should be playing for us) & Griffin. If George isn't running for 200+metres against these guys, he doesn't deserve a Rabbitohs jumper.

Keep him at Norths until he earns it.

alien

Referee
You don't expect more, against reserve graders, trying to keep your spot in first grade.
Maybe Madge just wanted him to get some more match fitness and didn't want him to go all out and risk injury. Good to see him play for 56 mins and average nearly 10 metres per hit up. I think he should get an interchange spot.

Maybe Madge just wanted him to get some more match fitness and didn't want him to go all out and risk injury. Good to see him play for 56 mins and average nearly 10 metres per hit up. I think he should get an interchange spot.
Whilst , as a libertarian I agree with your right to disagree, I really hope that when Madge sent George to North's he told him to Rip In and not to Take it easy.
How does taking it easy against reserve graders prepare him to carve it up in first grade, like we all hope?

I honestly believe George needs to stay in reserves until he rediscovers the hunger to achieve that he had in 2012-14.There.s no excuse for taking it easy, unless like previously discussed, he is carrying an injury.
This theory falls down though, when you consider that if injured George should have been rested, not told to play long and soft.'
IMHO

alien

Referee
yeah if he was injured then he probably would have rested. I have noticed in some games he hasn't played many minutes so I thought maybe he was down on fitness. he also missed a lot of games because of suspensions so maybe that is why he was down on fitness a bit

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
yeah if he was injured then he probably would have rested. I have noticed in some games he hasn't played many minutes so I thought maybe he was down on fitness. he also missed a lot of games because of suspensions so maybe that is why he was down on fitness a bit

Would of played more minutes against the Titans but he was just shit in defence. As soon as the Burgess twins went off our middle defence was so much tighter and the game was won quite convincingly.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Whilst , as a libertarian I agree with your right to disagree, I really hope that when Madge sent George to North's he told him to Rip In and not to Take it easy.
How does taking it easy against reserve graders prepare him to carve it up in first grade, like we all hope?

I honestly believe George needs to stay in reserves until he rediscovers the hunger to achieve that he had in 2012-14.There.s no excuse for taking it easy, unless like previously discussed, he is carrying an injury.
This theory falls down though, when you consider that if injured George should have been rested, not told to play long and soft.'
IMHO

I completely agree Stan mate. George and tom don't have the attitude. Sure they're damaging runners but they can't be such a liability in defence. Every time they run with purpose they always trouble the opposition but recently they've only been able to do it 2-3 times a game. Burgess twins have a shit attitude and all the talent. The worst mix ever. We need to stick with them for now but we need to get them firing like manly got taupau to fire.

Top work by Tasi. Is there anywhere that has stats similar to nrl stats, but for the bears, intrust? Be interested go see how some of the players are going. Dietz, gosiewski and co

The NSWRL Stats are awesome, much more in depth than any NRL stats I can find, post contact metres, decoy and support runs etc. etc.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears v Panthers Full Statistics.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd18-RoosBears.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd19-MountiesBears.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears_Knights.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd22-TigersBears.pdf

Focussing solely on developing forwards, not hooker, for the last 3 weeks. All young except Cherro.

HIGHLIGHTS

Round 22
Britt 72min 21tack 1miss 15run 160mtr 73p/c mtr 1pen 1err
Gosi 71 23 3 8 74 16 2 1
Cherro 67 27 1 13 123 50 2 0
Whitelaw 25 12 1 6 55 24 1 0
Rudolf 18 17 0 2 58 8 0 0

Round 20
Cherro 64min 29tack 1miss 10run 115mtr 41p/c mtr 2pen 0err
Murray 80 46 2 11 98 34 0 1
Gosi 80 26 4 14 108 40 1 0
Whitelaw 73 51 2 15 122 37 1 0
Greinke 28 18 0 9 104 28 0 0
Rudolf 13 8 0 4 38 14 0 0

Round 19
Cherro 54min 29tack 1miss 10run 109mtr 42p/c mtr 0pen 0err
Greinke 80 31 1 15 116 44 1 0
Gosi 60 21 0 7 47 12 2 0
Whitelaw 72 48 2 14 92 28 2 1
Rudolf 36 15 0 10 138 32 0 0

All our up and comers at Souths and North's are 60-80 min backrowers. We need to bite the bullet and cut one of the twins (at least) and move Sam to the front row. Whether or not people believe it's his best position or not, it makes the most sense with our roster.

DummyHalfScoot

Juniors
The NSWRL Stats are awesome, much more in depth than any NRL stats I can find, post contact metres, decoy and support runs etc. etc.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears v Panthers Full Statistics.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd18-RoosBears.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd19-MountiesBears.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears_Knights.pdf

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/isp-stats-reports-2017/Rd22-TigersBears.pdf

Focussing solely on developing forwards, not hooker, for the last 3 weeks. All young except Cherro.

HIGHLIGHTS

Round 22
Britt 72min 21tack 1miss 15run 160mtr 73p/c mtr 1pen 1err
Gosi 71 23 3 8 74 16 2 1
Cherro 67 27 1 13 123 50 2 0
Whitelaw 25 12 1 6 55 24 1 0
Rudolf 18 17 0 2 58 8 0 0

Round 20
Cherro 64min 29tack 1miss 10run 115mtr 41p/c mtr 2pen 0err
Murray 80 46 2 11 98 34 0 1
Gosi 80 26 4 14 108 40 1 0
Whitelaw 73 51 2 15 122 37 1 0
Greinke 28 18 0 9 104 28 0 0
Rudolf 13 8 0 4 38 14 0 0

Round 19
Cherro 54min 29tack 1miss 10run 109mtr 42p/c mtr 0pen 0err
Greinke 80 31 1 15 116 44 1 0
Gosi 60 21 0 7 47 12 2 0
Whitelaw 72 48 2 14 92 28 2 1
Rudolf 36 15 0 10 138 32 0 0

All our up and comers at Souths and North's are 60-80 min backrowers. We need to bite the bullet and cut one of the twins (at least) and move Sam to the front row. Whether or not people believe it's his best position or not, it makes the most sense with our roster.

Not sure how correct these stats are over the weeks I've watched I am a little surprised at the numbers sometimes, for example the hooker has 12 metres run, when I saw him make a clean break of over 40 metres. Britt was the best player on the field last weekend closely followed by Tasi, Cherro and Gos. In saying that the opposition was terrible until the scuffle just before half time and game come alive a little bit after that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My league live app must be wrong......

I read the report on Twitter and it said Cherrington gave 2 aggressive penalties away..... that's what will hold him back from first grade......

Also read Bears were close to scoring and Tyrrell dropped it....

30-16

Rabbit toes

First Grade
While the North Sydney Bears were technically the home side at UOW Jubilee Oval, it was Illawarra who were right at home in defeating the bears 30-12 in Round 23 of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW this afternoon.

Illawarra was boosted by the return of 2016 Grand Final-winning halfback Drew Hutchison, but the NRL hopeful was moved to the bench shortly before kick-off. The likes of Jacob Host, Luciano Leilua and Jake Marketo helped their pack, while David Tyrell, Jason Clark and Anthony Cherrington made up a strong pack for North Sydney.

Some strong defence highlighted the opening exchanges, with back-to-back penalties giving Illawarra some early ball on the Bears' line. Payne made no mistake in putting Rhys Kennedy through a hole, with the prop crashing over for an early 6-0 lead.

Illawarra were looking dangerous with second-phase play, but the Bears' bruising defence was holding strong. It would soon cost them significantly, however, with Cherrington's aggression bringing consecutive penalties - the second of which was a bad-looking high shot. The tackle was not met with a sin bin, but the Bears lock came off second best and was visibly struggling to defend regardless.

The resulting Illawarra set gave them their second try when Adam Clune went short to Leilua, whose offload bounced straight back into the hands of his halfback; Clune crossed untouched to extend the advantage to 12. Cherrington hobbled off to compound the Bears' woes.

North Sydney continued to push for points with Tautalatasi Tasi soon held up, before promising runs from Brad Deitz and Clark also threatened to get the side's first. Sure enough, Tasi would be the man to score for the Bears and it came off a fantasic pass from Eli Levido under pressure; the fullback then converting from out wide for a 12-6 scoreline.

The Bears had all the running and on the back of a penalty, David Tyrell broke through to go within millimetres of scoring, but put it down just short. After a very unlucky knock-on call against Sam Clune, North Sydney got another chance to attack but a lacklustre set came up with no points.

Penalties began to snowball for the Bears with the threat of a sin bin for slowing down the ruck - and the 2016 premiers made the most of their next opportunity. A bomb from Clune fell into the hand of opposition winger Abbas Miski, but was superbly stolen mid-air by Kalifa Faifai Loa to score. Field converted from the sideline once again to take scores to 18-6, which would remain until half-time.

The second half began with the injection of Hutchison, who replaced Adam Clune in the halves. An admittedly scrappy start to the stanza ensued, but Leilua soon continued Illawarra's dominance with a barnstorming run from a Josh Kerr offload. The second-rower's try, along with another conversion to Field, extended the lead to 18.

North Sydney needed to score soon and applied significant pressure to the Illawarra defence over a five-minute period, with repeat sets and penalties giving them a golden opportunity. An error brought them undone eventually and Illawarra made them pay, with a fantastic run from Hind getting his side another.

A short kick-off from the Bears worked in their favour, regaining possession in good position. When the ball was sent wide to Miski, no less than four Illawarra defenders appeared to easily have him covered in driving him into touch, but the winger miraculously got the ball down for the Bears' second. With the conversion, they trailed 30-12 with 16 minutes remaining.

As the clock wound down and with the Bears on last tackle, a movement which spanned the width of the field resulted in Miski getting a double; when Levido threw the final pass, Faifai Loa committed to a tackle but it trailed past him to Miski, who dived over in the corner. Unfortunately for North Sydney, the conversion attempt fell short, ruling out any realistic possibility of a comeback.

In the end, it was a strong defensive display which will most please Illawarra fans and Mat Head's men did not let up for the remainder of the match. They would remain in seventh position after defeating the Bears 30 points to 16.

Illawarra 30 (R Kennedy, A Clune, K Faifai Loa, L Leilua, J Hind tries; J Field 5 goals) def North Sydney Bears 16 (A Miski 2, T Tasi tries; E Levido 2 goals)

Not dropped but short

Latest posts