What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Sydney Bears trial match Thurs 8th Feb

ThingFish

Juniors
Thanks for the updates Fishy, it's good to hear and it doesn't suprise me about Hiroti. He's from the mighty Naki over here so I expect nothing less! ;)
A nice lady told me how to pronounce his name correctly. Ive forgotten already:laughing: its a little different to how it’s spelt. If he gets a run in 1st grade Rabs will have a hard time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He’s in the team on the web site. He was very solid the whole 80 in D, positioned himself well. In the second quarter he chimed into the backline with pace. Both times with overlaps but went for it himself. But that long looping cut-out pass in the death was something else. Plus two sideline conversations. I was right behind him for the second and it never looked like missing.
Did he make good metres on kick returns??

ThingFish

Juniors
Did Junior Tatola play?
I’m not quite sure. There was some jumper swapping, and I’m not sure what Jr looks like. The guy that started in 13 was solid throughout. None of the forwards really stood out. Talakai ran strong without really breaking the line. The 11, Lucky Taavale on paper, hit really well in defence. The Bears have a real workhorse in Rhys Kennedy, he just put in all game. The hooker Billy Britain is a real live wire, started making good meters when the BIG Wenty forwards started tiring. He might be too small for first grade. Although it was interesting that at quarter time Seibold pulled Conor Tracey, Dean Hawkins and Billy Britain aside for their own personal huddle.

The game really was hard to watch, neither team had standouts, there was literally only about 2 line breaks in the whole game. I must admit both teams defended well, but the amount of drop ball on both sides was ridiculous :laughing:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m not quite sure. There was some jumper swapping, and I’m not sure what Jr looks like. The guy that started in 13 was solid throughout. None of the forwards really stood out. Talakai ran strong without really breaking the line. The 11, Lucky Taavale on paper, hit really well in defence. The Bears have a real workhorse in Rhys Kennedy, he just put in all game. The hooker Billy Britain is a real live wire, started making good meters when the BIG Wenty forwards started tiring. He might be too small for first grade. Although it was interesting that at quarter time Seibold pulled Conor Tracey, Dean Hawkins and Billy Britain aside for their own personal huddle.

The game really was hard to watch, neither team had standouts, there was literally only about 2 line breaks in the whole game. I must admit both teams defended well, but the amount of drop ball on both sides was ridiculous :laughing:

I heard the refs were ridiculously tough on the play the balls? Is this true? We’re in trouble if this is the case. I don’t recall ever seeing the twins play the ball correctly.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
any game info etc from those who are attending. Aiming this @ThingFish and @Mixo Joe
Cheers
Fish has pretty much covered the game and I generally agree with his comments. This is my take on the players that impressed me for what it's worth:

Jesse Arthars - a star of the future! Did not make a mistake all night. Good under the high ball, appears quick, reads the game well - his cut out pass for his winger to score was a gem and he can kick goals! watch out Reyno!
Hiroti - solid performance obviously very quick, not afraid to take the ball up, good hands.
Tugboat Talakai - a workhorse last night. Played 70 mins. Ran hard and tackled well. A handful. Reminds me of Konrad Hurrell!
Connor Tracey - nice to see him running freely! No strapping played with confidence. Took the line on a couple of times. Like fish said a few hospital passes but expected after such a long lay off.
Dean Hawkins - Livewire - has a long kicking game.
Billy Brittain - built close to the ground but pretty quick at dummy half.

Nothing much to enthuse about the game itself. Don't think Tatola played. Sam Johstone lasted 2 tackles before taken off with a head knock. Forwards did a good job defensively. Gagan looked OK in the centres along with Burns. A good defensive hit out from both sides.

Scoopdog

Juniors
Ta
Fish has pretty much covered the game and I generally agree with his comments. This is my take on the players that impressed me for what it's worth:

Jesse Arthars - a star of the future! Did not make a mistake all night. Good under the high ball, appears quick, reads the game well - his cut out pass for his winger to score was a gem and he can kick goals! watch out Reyno!
Hiroti - solid performance obviously very quick, not afraid to take the ball up, good hands.
Tugboat Talakai - a workhorse last night. Played 70 mins. Ran hard and tackled well. A handful. Reminds me of Konrad Hurrell!
Connor Tracey - nice to see him running freely! No strapping played with confidence. Took the line on a couple of times. Like fish said a few hospital passes but expected after such a long lay off.
Dean Hawkins - Livewire - has a long kicking game.
Billy Brittain - built close to the ground but pretty quick at dummy half.

Nothing much to enthuse about the game itself. Don't think Tatola played. Sam Johstone lasted 2 tackles before taken off with a head knock. Forwards did a good job defensively. Gagan looked OK in the centres along with Burns. A good defensive hit out from both sides.
tatola played 8.ky rodwell was the one knocked out,then later suffered a head cut.the ruck was very slow for both sides,resulting in the tough,defensuve game we got.plenty of head knocks(burns,gagan,rodwell).a good tough first performance!

ThingFish

Juniors
Away from the game it was great to see a lot of first graders from both clubs supporting their mates. I spotted Reno, the Twins, Musgrove, Crichton, Merro was there too. Someone said they saw Codey Walker, but I did spot him. Spotted Kirisome Auva’a, Nathan Brown, Corey Norman, even the Hayne plane turned up. For a moment I thought I had the scoop of all scoops because there was this dude that looked the splitting image of Issac Luke, but no.

Scoopdog

Juniors
Ye
Away from the game it was great to see a lot of first graders from both clubs supporting their mates. I spotted Reno, the Twins, Musgrove, Crichton, Merro was there too. Someone said they saw Codey Walker, but I did spot him. Spotted Kirisome Auva’a, Nathan Brown, Corey Norman, even the Hayne plane turned up. For a moment I thought I had the scoop of all scoops because there was this dude that looked the splitting image of Issac Luke, but no.
yeah,cody,fui and robert jennings also were there,cody was in the team huddle on the field after the third quarter

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Ye
yeah,cody,fui and robert jennings also were there,cody was in the team huddle on the field after the third quarter

That’s honestly great to see. Good on the older Souths boys getting down there and showing their support. The banter between the squad is top knotch on instagram. Haven’t seen them like this since 2014. Hopefully this is a big signal about the tightness of the squad.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That’s honestly great to see. Good on the older Souths boys getting down there and showing their support. The banter between the squad is top knotch on instagram. Haven’t seen them like this since 2014. Hopefully this is a big signal about the tightness of the squad.
Completion rates is key though.... if we throw the ball around you can't just drop it time after time....

Also having a good line speed in defence....

We need to do get back to doing the basics well....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Completion rates is key though.... if we throw the ball around you can't just drop it time after time....

Also having a good line speed in defence....

We need to do get back to doing the basics well....

Defence is an attitude and if all the boys are close then they’ll play for eachother in defence. I keep wondering about Nicholls though. I have a feeling he might make the 17 over Turner.

Latest posts