What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northies last night

SirShire

First Grade
shadowboxer said:
oh please just because the dance floor used to bounce and the place had nights such as;

1. $1.00 kebab thursday
2. Hairy back Fridays
3. Mediterranean Descendant Wednesday
4. Monobrow mondays

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tabouli tuesday

missbelinda77

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
missbelinda77 said:
Should have known BTR that you would be a patron of an establishment like Northies.

& what does that mean?
Are you new to the shire or just committed to the church?

What do you think it means BTR? :roll:

I'm not new to the shire, but the whole "get pissed, act (and look) like a dick, way of life" isn't my scene.

Now maybe I'll go to church on Sunday to pray for your soul. ;-)

Aries

Bench
missbelinda77 said:
blacktip-reefy said:
missbelinda77 said:
Should have known BTR that you would be a patron of an establishment like Northies.

& what does that mean?

I'm not new to the shire, but the whole "get pissed, act (and look) like a dick, way of life" isn't my scene.

Amen...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Definitely my way of life.
You should just try getting pissed without acting & looking like a dick.
You might find it fun.

bubs

Juniors
Hey Blacktip. I think yuor signature is pretty much true and accurate.

As for you Miss Belinda. Good onya. Stick to your guns.
Alcohol kills off brain cells. Just check out Dimitri.
Therefore, non-drinkers are naturally SMARTER than booze-hounds.

SirShire

First Grade
missbelinda77 said:
blacktip-reefy said:
missbelinda77 said:

& what does that mean?

Whilst I respect your opinion Ms Belinda, that is pretty stereotypical! Not everyone goes there to get shitfaced. Alot of people go there for a beer on a sunday arvo, drink with the mates after a game of footy. It is a popular place not just amongst the Sharks but in the Shire. And the one that do go there to get shit faced, well thats their choice :D

bubs said:

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Quint

Juniors
Bastard_Squad said:
bubs said:

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That is my favourite reason (excuse) of all time.
Looks like Bastard_Squad is a Cheers Fan too,or got the e-mail going around

Youre a great man, bastard squad.

As for BTR's advice about drinking and not looking and acting like a dick, well I'll have to give that a go. I've got the drinking bit down pat though.

I dont think it's any god fearing woman's place to look down her nose at anyone who goes to northies and/or gets on the drink any more than it is not my place to look down on people who go to church......I should take my own advice on that one.

bubs

Juniors
Bastard_Squad said:
Except in Dimitri's case when it has attacked the 8% of brain matter he is supposed to USE on occasion.