What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not his go - Greg Bird

simmo05

Bench
Did someone square that flower up next time the 2 clubs met? Or is the sport getting soft all over the world?

myrrh ken

First Grade
For those who suggest there was not a lot in it the judiciary doesn't agree. It's a good decision. It's very dangerous what Action did and must be rubbed out of the game at all costs.

"Leigh forward Jamie Acton has been handed a nine-match ban for his cowardly act on Catalans Dragons' Greg Bird in the Super League."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...reg-bird/ar-AAopO5d?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartanntp

I don't think anyone said it was a nothing incident.

You are deadset kidding.

Danny Williams punched mark oneill with full force in the head when he wasn't looking. Could've killed him. Got 18 weeks.

This merkin picked bird up and unceremoniously dropped him with a bit extra. Damage was already done. He will get about half the suspension

Unfortunately I picked it well.

Greg Bird is a dead set hero for what he went through in the south of France. No rugby league player should be treated the way he was treated.

davi

Juniors
I don't think anyone said it was a nothing incident.

Unfortunately I picked it well.

I didn't say nothing, I said there was not a lot in it. And yes there were people on this forum who were not expecting him to get 9 weeks.

"Not great, but hardly a Danny Williams king hit"

myrrh ken

First Grade
No one said there was not a lot in it.

And it was hardly a Danny Williams hit.

Was only worth half the penalty.

Saxon

Bench
It would be interesting to review the Danny Williams thing in the light of todays' NRL.

Mark O'Neill headslammed Williams, who then got to his feet and staggered after O'Neill before belting him. He then stood around obviously dazed while he was being banished.

Not at all defending what he did, and Danny boy certainly had form with his fists when he lost his temper. Just saying that in 2017, if he hadn't thrown that punch he would certainly have gone to the head bin, and wondering how a modern day judiciary would have managed the case with all the talk today about concussion and HIAs. Would his defence of concussion induced amnesia have carried more weight now than then?

Canard

Immortal
It would be interesting to review the Danny Williams thing in the light of todays' NRL.

Mark O'Neill headslammed Williams, who then got to his feet and staggered after O'Neill before belting him. He then stood around obviously dazed while he was being banished.

Not at all defending what he did, and Danny boy certainly had form with his fists when he lost his temper. Just saying that in 2017, if he hadn't thrown that punch he would certainly have gone to the head bin, and wondering how a modern day judiciary would have managed the case with all the talk today about concussion and HIAs. Would his defence of concussion induced amnesia have carried more weight now than then?

Considering it's not had any precedent as being a valid defence I'd say it's highly unlikely.

peter file

Juniors
I seem to recall a Country player being sent off in City/Country about 1981 for a high tackle who successfully used the concussion defence at the judiciary?

The bloke who attacked a prostrate Greg Bird in the south of France, Lord Acton, appealed his nine week ban and has had his ban extended to 4 months. That means that he can't play again till 2018. This decision tells people not to mess with Greg Bird or you will end up in a world of trouble.

The Enforcer

Juniors
The bloke who attacked a prostrate Greg Bird in the south of France, Lord Acton, appealed his nine week ban and has had his ban extended to 4 months. That means that he can't play again till 2018. This decision tells people not to mess with Greg Bird or you will end up in a world of trouble.
Your a dickhead.

Life's Good

Coach
Did he at least lube up first??

davi

Juniors
Typical Greg Bird fashion, has been banned for four weeks (rest of the season) for this tackle. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

AJB1102

First Grade
I always liked Birdy (as a footballer, I'm not getting into off-field shit). Tough, uncompromising, never say die, always trying to make a difference in attack and defense. He's f**ked it up plenty of times but no one looked forward to running at him.

Mongrel with a bit of skill pretty much sums his game up, unfortunately he never really got a good handle on how to use that mongrel in today's game. Loved to milk a penalty too and was pretty good at it.

AJB1102

First Grade
It's a shame he hasn't became quadriplegic yet

Yeah.. nah. I'm a bit of an arsehole who lacks compassion and says some off colour things for a laugh, but thats pretty f**ken low.

Be edgy and controversial if thats the schtick you're going for with your creepy avatar and witty, sexual username but no person with a half an understanding of life beyond high school says that shit.

Best of luck with puberty.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Would not have got 4 weeks in nrl. Maybe 2 if that.

A bit different to kneeing a blokes scone.

Yeah.. nah. I'm a bit of an arsehole who lacks compassion and says some off colour things for a laugh, but thats pretty f**ken low.

Be edgy and controversial if thats the schtick you're going for with your creepy avatar and witty, sexual username but no person with a half an understanding of life beyond high school says that shit.

Best of luck with puberty.
Yeah sorry mate lets wish the best for women bashers and car pissers, racists too

f**k Bird he's an absolute dog who deserves the worst