What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not the Pirates?

Sun_Down

Juniors
What is a Gaitor? If you mean Gator, there are none in Australia. Corsairs sounds much classier than Pirates.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
A dingo took my baby. I like the Gold Coast Waves better then the pirates.

I really dont think either come close to the dolphins, i wonder if we re-adopted the name it would be a problem. I know we didn't want legal proceedings before we got the licence, what about now ?

Other suggestions: Gold Coast Tan Grans
Gold Coast Gusto
Gold Coast Goanna's
Gold Coast Gekho's
Gold Coast Glow

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm still behind the Corsairs (and not just because I've been suggesting it). It sounds cool, it doesn't necessarily have to mean the cheesy 'Pirates of the Caribbean' style buccaneers, and it leaves itself open to a number of mascots (aside from a patch-eyed pirate).

If not, the only other option I really like is the Stingrays, Stingers, Mantas.

DIEHARD

----
piratecorsairs.jpg

This is what I want. Either or...

Go the Pirate ship for the logo instead of a picture of a pirate with an eye badge. Which is pretty piss weak anyway.

It would also look pretty classy if professionally done. Also something a little different. :D

yappy

Bench
Gold Coast Meter-Maids?
Gold Coast Schoolies?
Gold Coast Fun Parks?
Gold Coast Canal Estates?
Gold Coast Coasters? (as in roller)
Gold Coast Property Developers?
Gold Coast White Shoes?

hutch

First Grade
the more suggestions i read, the more i think the dolphins name was perfect. redcliffe have just wasted a perfect oppurtunity to become a feeder club with the same name. they shouldnt own the name, it is ridiculous. they will never be in the nrl, never!!! so they should let the gold coast use the name and start an association with them.

Zack DLR

Juniors
I dont know about Corsairs.....

I used to own a Ford Corsair..... was a bit of a sh*t heap.

Same car as the Nissan Pintara.....

What about the Gold Coast Pintaras ??? or Gold Coast Camiras ????

Latest posts