What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not the Pirates?

DIEHARD

----
Top post curious.

goldcoastcolours.jpg

I love the Gold Coast colours.

Pirates, Griffins, Corsairs, Titans...

We should make our own list, by the fans and send it to the bid team asap.

Bomber

Bench
Hmmmmmmm

I'm not totally sold on the colours (but then again, they're not going to be my #1 team). Perhaps a darker shade of teal? I don't know.

Add Mantarays to the list. It's growing on me (although I still like the scurvy biscuit-eating mutineering Pirates....yarr)

DIEHARD

----
Bomber said:
Hmmmmmmm

I'm not totally sold on the colours (but then again, they're not going to be my #1 team). Perhaps a darker shade of teal? I don't know.

Add Mantarays to the list. It's growing on me (although I still like the scurvy biscuit-eating mutineering Pirates....yarr)

Dark teal is also one of the colours, but it is more secondary. The Gold Coast Academy players were wearing a jersey made primarily of dark teal last Friday. Different from the jersey we have all seen.

I don't really like stingrays, I think they are dopey looking creatures.

img_p154_s9850_txd20040912_v1_f23_514.jpg

I'd rather have this stingray as a mascot.

BTW if anyone is as bigger Neighbours fan as me check this site out.

http://perfectblend.net/ :lol: ;-)

Poms just aren't sh*t at rugby league, they are also nutcases.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours/games/index.shtml

Hindyscrack

Bench
I beleive it has to do with the blue ocean, gold (orange) of the sun. It also happened to be the Miami Dolphins colours.

drake

First Grade
I like Pirates, Titans and Gryphons.
Surge, sun, wave etc are like storm, force just rubbish in my opinion. And you get really, really wierd mascots.

As an alternative, the Pirates could have the mascot of a pasty dude downloading the latest star wars movie over bit-torrent. :)

PanthersChik

Juniors
Hindyscrack said:
I beleive it has to do with the blue ocean, gold (orange) of the sun. It also happened to be the Miami Dolphins colours.

hmmm yeh...it is the miami dolphins colours, and if they call them the gold coast dolphins they better be careful that the miami dolphins dont put a law suit against them. You know what the americans can be like sometimes.

I was in for the name pirates, but I dont know now. I have to agree with some of you, that the name has to reflect the gold coast. but I havent been here that long to know what they could call it that would reflect it.
Gold Coast Indies. hehee maybe. nar that sounds gay. the GC is very touristy now..........but then again.
Okay will shut up now. Wish they would just name the damn team already. :rolleyes::D