What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Cowboys V Raiders 333K
Titans V Roosters 241K
Dragons V Penrith 229K

ok ratings
pretty impressive for the Raiders game .... 2 small regional clubs
it was a cracking game too

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Cowboys V Raiders 333K
Titans V Roosters 241K
Dragons V Penrith 229K

ok ratings
pretty impressive for the Raiders game .... 2 small regional clubs
it was a cracking game too
Hopefully the NRL/Foxsports looks at these ratings and understands Friday 6pm does not add viewers to the game and can swiftly move some of these fridays to a friendlier slot. Obviously that won't happen.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hopefully the NRL/Foxsports looks at these ratings and understands Friday 6pm does not add viewers to the game and can swiftly move some of these fridays to a friendlier slot. Obviously that won't happen.
Fox Sports say it's a pub game and those viewers aren't counted but obviously Fox Sports pubs and clubs subscribers are

they can pay a fair bit for that too depending on the size of the venue

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Fox Sports say it's a pub game and those viewers aren't counted but obviously Fox Sports pubs and clubs subscribers are

they can pay a fair bit for that too depending on the size of the venue
The thing about the whole pub thing is most pubs I see aren't very full until 7 anyway, that's why they have happy hour from around 5-7pm. I honestly think if they played the Dogs v storm on Sunday 6pm, you would get the same if not more viewers and a lot more people would have attended.

But then again I'm just speculating. Kinda like how the NRL did when they tried to justify the 'pub' game

Jatz15

Juniors
With a heading like "AFL Nears Rugby League's Popularity in Queensland" and a section on NRL crowds being exaggerated it's not exactly impartial.
He calls up AFL when crowds look over reported as well, notably some of the GWS figures. Someone saying something negative about the NRL does not make them ipso facto biased. Although yes, he is an AFL `guy`.

His site is the best available, most complete, and least biased source you are going to find.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Noticed the Bulldogs and Storm was just above South V Tigers, Hopefully this says something to the NRL. Surely Fox Ratings wouldn't be any worse on a Sunday night. In fact I think they would be a lot better, due to people watching tv more then.

I have a suspicion that they are giving the NRL shit for playing hard with the tv negotiations...

Fox gets the same thing whether the game is early friday or late sunday, its the NRL losing money with the crowds. When Greenburg goes begging to FOX to change the slot, they probably be like "this is what happens when you f*ck with us"...