What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Canard

Immortal
If you love rl try to avoid comparisons with afl ratings this weekend

It's not pretty

Roosters obviously not huge team in Sydney

But we got owned on Friday night by around 400k nationally fta , regional and fox.

Obviously Richmond are a big team who haven't played finals in ages ..

Fri night was pushing 1M viewers. That's a great TV rating despite your negative spin.

Raiderdave

First Grade
1.8 Million for the flogball & about 1.3 Million for the NRL for Friday
my problem with the ratings again is the regionals

365K for the NRL
330K for the bumbleball

6 Million approx people in regional NSW/ACT .. QLD
3 Million in the Victorian football states

so that figure is utter crap
prior to last year
their figures were half ours as they should be , now they're on par
how ??

I know it has something to do with WIN going from ch 9 to 10
but seriously , its a mathematical impossibility for these regional figures to be correct

Heritage XIII

Juniors

365K for the NRL
330K for the bumbleball

prior to last year
how ??

but seriously , its a mathematical impossibility for these regional figures to be correct

Actually the TV ratings for AFL look dodgy as. The difference in between this year & last year is atronomical. Wouldn't surprise me if the AFL just have people in the TV industry manipulating figures. Can't believe, for example, the number of 300k + AFL figures for fox & some if not none for NRL this year?!? Let's not kid ourselves,the AFL is a very powerful entity & also a very corrupt one.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
The Storm got a 100k straight on Melbourne TV Come on, how could it get an even 100k?!? For all we know, they are rating 2-300k plus in Melbourne but some AFL f##ktard member or club director is the CEO of the organisation that does the ratings. The NRL TV ratings for finals have plummeted & their is no explanation. I don't believe even years of Gould & Rabs have taken their toll because 9 would have got rid of them by know instead of ignoring these so called disastrous ratings. Something fishy.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The Storm got a 100k straight on Melbourne TV Come on, how could it get an even 100k?!? For all we know, they are rating 2-300k plus in Melbourne but some AFL f##ktard member or club director is the CEO of the organisation that does the ratings. The NRL TV ratings for finals have plummeted & their is no explanation. I don't believe even years of Gould & Rabs have taken their toll because 9 would have got rid of them by know instead of ignoring these so called disastrous ratings. Something fishy.

Melbournites watching the Storm yesterday 130K on pay & fta
Sydneysiders watching the Swines yesterday .... 130K on pay & fta

both shown on the main channel in both cities , both games at the same time
10K more mebournians watching the storm on fta then Sydneysiders watching the swines
10K more sydneysiders watching the swines on pay then melbournians watching the storm
interesting result

Last edited:

365K for the NRL
330K for the bumbleball

prior to last year
how ??

I think we can assume without much doubt that the fumbleball numbers are fudged

Actually the TV ratings for AFL look dodgy as. The difference in between this year & last year is atronomical. Wouldn't surprise me if the AFL just have people in the TV industry manipulating figures. Can't believe, for example, the number of 300k + AFL figures for fox & some if not none for NRL this year?!? Let's not kid ourselves,the AFL is a very powerful entity & also a very corrupt one.
Fumbleball has friends in high places fudging TV figures to make the Anglo-Irish game look bigger than it is.

wittyfan

Referee

365K for the NRL
330K for the bumbleball

prior to last year
how ??

Breakdowns for the regionals:

Southern NSW figures are quite surprising.

Nerd

Bench
I thought something was dodgy last year when the AFL GF regionals numbers jumped massively from the year before for no apparent reason. Surely the AFL couldn't be that stupid as rights contracts are based on these figures and if they've been fudged that's one hell of a fraud case that would have a few lawyers salivating.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The win change has been a huge loss for nrl in regionals ..

Also I think we may have been a beneficiary of double counting on the gold coast for many years..

Tv ratings are a dark art .. how many people in past just left tv on, the channel they were watching in regional areas . .. who knows.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Well I would suspect that in a few years time the codes will be able to know exactly how many watch. And fudging will be long gone.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The win change has been a huge loss for nrl in regionals ..

Also I think we may have been a beneficiary of double counting on the gold coast for many years..

Tv ratings are a dark art .. how many people in past just left tv on, the channel they were watching in regional areas . .. who knows.
sure thing cuz789.

Nerd

Bench
102k in Brisbane and Sydney watching Richmond v geelong on fta is concerning a
When roosters are playing broncos on 9
Considering the populations of Brisbane and Sydney 50 000 in each city watching an AFL final is certainly a big problem for the AFL. Those numbers are a disaster considering the tens of millions that the AFL have been throwing into these locations for the last decade or so. It's also no wonder Seven have been complaining recently about how much they paid in their last rights deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought something was dodgy last year when the AFL GF regionals numbers jumped massively from the year before for no apparent reason. Surely the AFL couldn't be that stupid as rights contracts are based on these figures and if they've been fudged that's one hell of a fraud case that would have a few lawyers salivating.

lol, the tin foil is strong on here! You really think the independent TV ratings companies are going to fudge a channels ratings, there by destroying the thing of most value to them, because AFL asked them/paid them to? Seriously???

The lack of interest in NRL in Sydney compared to the AFL interest in Melbourne is the real story here. 615k v 326k is a shthouse effort by Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering the populations of Brisbane and Sydney 50 000 in each city watching an AFL final is certainly a big problem for the AFL. Those numbers are a disaster considering the tens of millions that the AFL have been throwing into these locations for the last decade or so. It's also no wonder Seven have been complaining recently about how much they paid in their last rights deal.

102k v 10k. One could argue that getting ten times the audience NRL gets for expansion states is a decent return?

Nerd

Bench
lol, the tin foil is strong on here! You really think the independent TV ratings companies are going to fudge a channels ratings, there by destroying the thing of most value to them, because AFL asked them/paid them to? Seriously???

The lack of interest in NRL in Sydney compared to the AFL interest in Melbourne is the real story here. 615k v 326k is a shthouse effort by Sydney.
Not really. Just thinking out loud why the regionals numbers after tracking much the same year on year spiked last year.

Latest posts