What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

fourplay

Juniors
The NRL regional ratings used to blow AFL away, but now they are much closer together. Did anything change with the way the regional ratings are done?

Stallion

First Grade
The NRL regional ratings used to blow AFL away, but now they are much closer together. Did anything change with the way the regional ratings are done?

Very perceptive and interesting comment. Other codes have been doing significant development work in regional areas. This has 'befriended/ familiarised' a code such as AFL to the locals and now it's being reflected in tv ratings figures.

bruce28

Juniors
not sure if these rating are correct as i got them from previous post.

1. SoO1 - 3,550,000
2. AFL GF - 3,524,000
3. SoO2 - 3,452,000
4. NRL GF - 3,399,000
5. SoO3 - 2,521,000 (could not find regional ratings)

Hey parraeels, does your mum still produce tin foil hats?

She will make her fortune from tgg :joy:
You actually belief the ratings and crowds that fumbleball house give out?
How many times have they changed the TV rating for their GF days after its been announced that the NRL have had more viewers than them. aFL have a history of fiddling TV ratings and crowd numbers

Mong

Post Whore
You actually belief the ratings and crowds that fumbleball house give out?
How many times have they changed the TV rating for their GF days after its been announced that the NRL have had more viewers than them. aFL have a history of fiddling TV ratings and crowd numbers

image.jpeg

insert.pause

First Grade
not sure if these rating are correct as i got them from previous post.

1. SoO1 - 3,550,000
2. AFL GF - 3,524,000
3. SoO2 - 3,452,000
4. NRL GF - 3,399,000
5. SoO3 - 2,521,000 (could not find regional ratings)
1. Origin 3 - 3,652,000
2. AusOpen Mens Final - 3,615,000
3. Origin 1 - 3,527,000
4. AFL GF - 3,524,000
5. Origin 2 - 3,483,000
6. NRL GF - 3,399,000

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I’m the middle of last year channel 9 signed a regional deal with southern cross and got rid of WIN. Bruce Gordon seemed to be playing hard ball and was expecting to get channel 10. I feel the problem could be with the sc deal. Southern cross in different regions play 7 programming. I think channel 9 going from WIN to SCA has lessened our reach. I have tried to find info to back up my claim but as usual info is hard to come by.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Tv ratings can be a bit hit and miss with the way the figures are calculated. Maybe over the next year it will readjust once people realize the cHange. In the future, online social sites etc will a have exact numbers that can’t be dodgy. Even the afl would find it hard to con Facebook, you tube. The Nrl should spend a couple $$ on promoting the game outside Aus. Believe it or not our Rugby league websites, Facebook sites work outside of Aus too. If we had 4million facebook likes compared to 1mil (AFL) that would definitely leave us in a better position no matter what way you spin it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that's shthouse. our only claim to be more popular was tv ratings and even that we are now falling behind in. I wonder if grant is "comfortable" with the outcome of once again losing out to afl? What a fcking failure this commission has been.