What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

El Diablo

Post Whore

tri_colours

Juniors
I watch PTV, but im pretty sure there was no FTA games on of a Sat Night.

Its in the contract but im not sure if it starts this year or next.

franklin2323

Immortal
So is that shifting the Thursday night game? I hope so. Why are they waiting until round 20?

no they have 4 games rights. Sold one back to Foxtel for Super Saturday. Kept the last 6 to have more important games into the Finals. They should of kept the whole 4

T-Boon

Coach
no they have 4 games rights. Sold one back to Foxtel for Super Saturday. Kept the last 6 to have more important games into the Finals. They should of kept the whole 4

Interesting, thanks. You are right they should have kept 4. Its all in or nothing - Nine seem half arsed.

morley101

Juniors
The NRL match between the Broncos and Storm did 252,000 in Sydney and 238,000 in Brisbane. That is well up on 197,000 in Sydney and 166,000 in Brisbane last Thursday. The combined NRL metro audience last night including 9Gem in other capitals was 554,000. The coverage topped key demos in both Sydney and Brisbane.

Fox 263,000
Regional 350,000

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Interesting that Sydney ratings were up significantly despite last week having 2 Sydney teams and this week having none. For as much as people on here like to bang on about the storm being boring and killing rugby league it seems as though the fans don't mind.

With ratings like that Thursday isn't going anywhere and I think we're going to have to get used to. Friday 6pm on the other hand is bad for ratings and crowds so hopefully it doesn't last long.

undertaker

Coach
I must have been asleep, I honestly don't remember Saturday games on FTA last year.
I don't ever recall Nine showing NRL on a Saturday night in 2016.

Not a single game.

Which games were shown?
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-broadcast-rights-deal-announced/tabid/10874/newsid/91023/default.aspx

The last five Saturday night games of each season will be telecast on free to air television in the build up to the Finals series

Well that didn't happen last year, so I don't know if it will happen this year.

undertaker

Coach
Sure, they might have had the rights but i dont recall them actually putting any on.

In fact, other than finals, i could almost guarantee nine didnt put any nrl games on saturday night.
fact: they did not put any of them on in the last few rounds of the regular season. I remember the huge controversy there was that the Storm/Sharks game for the minor premiership in Rd 26 on Saturday night was only on Fox.