Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by dragon-83, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:35 PM.
Nightingape and Hunt will be appearing on the show tonight.
Looking forward to the Footy season
Hopefully Flo announces his retirement. Or do some Forum members think we should extend him?
C'mon boys fess up!
And keep a tally of the tries he leaks this season
Flo ain't going anywhere, he will be next in line to coach behind Hornby, Young, etc
Nightingale extends me.
This will likely be his last year. I can't wait to watch him win the Clive Churchill medal in October before he retires.
is that a monkey who looks after sick patients?
Nighty is f**king hilarious. He had such a tough crowd in Ikin and Kent who weren't quite on the same wavelength.
He had me in stitches the whole time.
Is there anything the man cannot do!?
Cracks jokes, scores length of the field tries, runs the 100 in a little under 9 seconds. What a legend!
I hope he plays on for the next 5 years
Should be his last season and of course lets keep tally of the number of "tries he leaks", as long as its in the context of how many he scores.
My heart got broken when Vunivalu made a fool of him in Rd 9 but Flo will always be my hero, the happy haka kiwi and a f**king legend. The feeling I had after the 2nd try in the 2010 grand final will never be forgotten.
I couldn't give a shit how many tries he leaks this season cos team mates 10 years younger than him are doing much worse (we all know who they are). Yeah our Flo might be running on old legs and we give him some stick about his pace and his slow turning but he is someone who loves our team and our jersey and would never say a bad word about us as fans.
The interesting things that came out.
* Nightingale couldn't answer why the team faulted 2 years in a row after a great start. f**k I hope he was bluffing , if he gave an honest answer than the coaches haven't a clue as well !
* Kent & Iken were on the money saying teams used compressed defenses to combat the power game and they uttered the words we have been for 9 months after that " there was no Plan B "
* Coaches will heavily rely on Hunt to find this plan B out in the field. I think a lot of us have been saying that Graham & Hunt are going to save the coaching staff's arses by having a very influential say on how the team goes about it's business.
* Nightingale came up with a cracker about the predicted finish. He said the machine must have been stuck as 9th is where they finished last year !
Is that you, Mary?
But if he leaks tries just because Nene is the soft jelly man on the other side, does that justify nightys selection
8 years after he did so well?
It's time, we all know it.
i feel so insulted!
of course it is time, everyone ages and flo would know his time is almost up.
Almost, as in one last season?
I think nighty realised this in 2016
Sorry to say his time was up at the end of the 2017 season. Millward should have had the balls to sit down with him and tell him so.
Nightingale couldn't answer why the team faulted 2 years in a row after a great start. f**k I hope he was bluffing , if he gave an honest answer than the coaches haven't a clue as well ! He said it was mentality meaning they got over confident but then not having he confidence to stick with what was working even things went wrong.
The honest answer is that the forwards were busted and the opposition had worked out counters to the 'power plan'. Surely Nightingale was never going to mention our inability to successfully react to the long pass and kicks deep into the corners when our slow outside backs were caught standing well inside their opposing players. It was the coaching staff's job to:
1. Adjust the defensive pattern when it was clear it was not working.
2. To replace the slow outside backs.
3. To motivate players to get up for each game no matter what the result of the previous game.
4. To only select players who are fit and in form.
Separate names with a comma.