What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Clubs against NZ v ENG Mid Season Tests - "Player Welfare"

Stallion

First Grade
The history of RL is littered with missed opportunities. I just hope the future doesn't go the same way.

It's very dissapointing. Wonder what some of the selection criteria are for positions within development / growth of the code's job advert requirements are ?

deluded pom?

Coach
I wonder if the journalist in the OP asked Melbourne, St George I and Canberra how they felt about their players participating in a three game series played at the wrong time of the year? Genuine question. Did the Cowboys get compensated in any way when Thurston was injured during Origin?

Stallion

First Grade
I get this creepy feeling that their has been a very real and constant agenda shared within the media and now within the NRL to have the code be contained in a limited area. I also believe that their is a deliberate and targeted attack on rugby league within its heartland areas.

Stallion

First Grade
Typical Australia. Nothing changes

Their has been change. The code has been weakened over the past couple of decades. Both agendas of imploding from within and stagnation in genuine growth have characterized the thinking and course of the code for at least two decades.

Stallion

First Grade
Clubs are like an anchor to a boat, thats why the sport goes nowhere.

Part of the issue. The general administration of the code has alot to be desired also. Poor direction and maintenance of existing areas are a case in point. Recklessly run clubs create further issues. The ones that dont see the benefits for the code overall are the ones that require genuine positive leadership. Existing longstanding clubs should be an immense asset in both credibility and galvanized generational support. Add to this genuine areas of expansion such as Brisbane2 , WA, Central Coast, and somewhere else with established development paths and commercial attraction then the code should go forward and expand exponentially instead of imploding on itself within its original heartland area of Sydney.

Last edited: