What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Dominates TV Sport Ratings

I would be happy for Ch 9 to swap the Thursday night game for Saturday night and let Foxtel bring back Monday Night Football. I know Fox like having the Super Saturday to themselves, but with all games now being simulcast this shouldn't be such an issue now.

Monday night football is not up to Channel 9, it would be up to the NRL. I believe you will find that the NRL were the ones who killed off Monday night football as the clubs didn't want it. Also don't forget, Channel 9 had the Saturday game and (with the NRL's consent) they sold it back to Fox as they didn't want it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Monday night football is not up to Channel 9, it would be up to the NRL. I believe you will find that the NRL were the ones who killed off Monday night football as the clubs didn't want it. Also don't forget, Channel 9 had the Saturday game and (with the NRL's consent) they sold it back to Fox as they didn't want it.

Nine have money problems and were very happy to reduce their nrl costs significantly.
In terms of nine nrl investment over the last 3 deals
2008-2012 $240million
2012-17 $425million
2018-2022 $650mill