What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fantasy

callmack1

Staff member
I reckon I will be beating you after the first few rounds Callmack (more in hope I say this) and then you'll fly past me when the trading and that begins which you'll be better at than me this being your second year at this.

So we get 34 trades over the 26 rounds. Have to be wise lol!!!!!!!!

In rounds 12,15,18 I read it's bye weeks for Fantasy due to origin impacting things and not enough teams playing with 8 teams having byes.

Hey Callmack, do we have to do it for finals??? Or does Fantasy stop after round 26??? I couldn't find the answer to this and I checked FAQ and guidelines.
Yep, you get 34 trades for 26 rounds, however you only get two per week I think.

No we don't have it for finals, it stops after Round 26 since not all teams will be playing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep, you get 34 trades for 26 rounds, however you only get two per week I think.

No we don't have it for finals, it stops after Round 26 since not all teams will be playing.
I think it said we get 3 trades when there are say 4 teams having a bye for example. (Somewhere in the middle of the season).

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the above link alien is FAQ's and guidelines.

I believe we are playing the classic version alien.

alien

Referee
Yeah when I used to play nrl.com fantasy football years ago the fantasy football comp finished after Round 26, but during the last 4 rounds (Round 23 - Round 26) was when our fantasy comp would have it's own finals series. During the Rounds before that we went head to head with other people in our fantasy comp (where the opponent switched each week) and if you won the head to head game, you would get 2 points on the ladder in your fantasy comp, like a team would in real life. I bet R20 has Goodwin in his side, and probably as Captain too! :D

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Yeah when I used to play nrl.com fantasy football years ago the fantasy football comp finished after Round 26, but during the last 4 rounds (Round 23 - Round 26) was when our fantasy comp would have it's own finals series. During the Rounds before that we went head to head with other people in our fantasy comp (where the opponent switched each week) and if you won the head to head game, you would get 2 points on the ladder in your fantasy comp, like a team would in real life. I bet R20 has Goodwin in his side, and probably as Captain too! :D
That's what this one is like too.

alien

Referee
So I'm just curious, the teams that have already joined the comp, what are they called???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did you have to go head to head???

Or you chose too, was it optional???

No I don't have Goodwin in my squad. It's too risky and I've researched up alien. I have my Captain and Vice Captain and there isn't a chance I'm saying who it is. The captain gets double points. I had to think very carefully from all 16 sides and pick who I think is the best choice.

You're trying to trick me already lol.

Hey Callmack it's tricky as you can't just get players who get averages of 50's and 40's.

You have to pick players who score in the 20's too.

It's such a balancing act.

Alien I've had to pick some no frills options, that's for sure. It's tough with the cap of 7million.

In one position you'll be stronger and in another the no frills choice lol.

callmack1

Staff member
Did you have to go head to head???

Or you chose too, was it optional???

No I don't have Goodwin in my squad. It's too risky and I've researched up alien. I have my Captain and Vice Captain and there isn't a chance I'm saying who it is. The captain gets double points. I had to think very carefully from all 16 sides and pick who I think is the best choice.

You're trying to trick me already lol.

Hey Callmack it's tricky as you can't just get players who get averages of 50's and 40's.

You have to pick players who score in the 20's too.

It's such a balancing act.

Alien I've had to pick some no frills options, that's for sure. It's tough with the cap of 7million.

In one position you'll be stronger and in another the no frills choice lol.
Yea that's what makes it so fun and interesting. You also have to try and pick cheap guys that are going to have a good season and increase in value a lot.

themacemaceman

Juniors
It's not NRL SuperCoach, it's NRL Fantasy. Go to the NRL website and you should see something that says "register now" in the background.

Ok.... I'm in. Will probably tinker with my team between now and the first game particularly after the round 1 teams are announced.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep it's classic
Yeah and the league type says head to head Callmack.

What does head to head mean???? Does that just apply for rounds 23-26???? Or is it the whole season????

What does head to head involve???? Please explain Callmack????