What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fantasy

alien

Referee
Did you have to go head to head???

Or you chose too, was it optional???

The comp I was in, you didn't have a choice, but going head to head was what made it fun. We would have banter with the person we were going against in that week. So for example, 1 week you would go head to head against me, and then the next week you would go head to head against Callmack, and so on (against the others in the comp). We didn't choose when we went against who, as it chose that automatically.

I have my Captain and Vice Captain and there isn't a chance I'm saying who it is. The captain gets double points.

Well when I did fantasy football before, you could see the other person's team. :)
I wouldn't always select the same person as captain though.

Hey Callmack it's tricky as you can't just get players who get averages of 50's and 40's.

You have to pick players who score in the 20's too.

It's such a balancing act.

Alien I've had to pick some no frills options, that's for sure. It's tough with the cap of 7million.

In one position you'll be stronger and in another the no frills choice lol.

Yes it's just like what the clubs have to do in real life. If you don't have good salary cap management then you're not going to go well.

callmack1

Staff member
Yeah and the league type says head to head Callmack.

What does head to head mean???? Does that just apply for rounds 23-26???? Or is it the whole season????

What does head to head involve???? Please explain Callmack????
I think it means you go head-to-head with another team each week.

It works like a normal season. We all play each other at least once (you will play some teams twice) and you get two points for a win. There is a ladder and the top eight play finals which begins in round 23 I think.

Rabbits20

Immortal
it makes for good banter to :D
I'm competetive as you know!!!!

I think I'll have to think of some excuses lol!!!!!!

Problem is if I'm at work and a player pulls out in th last hour I will lose points on him, but I can use that as an excuse lol!!!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
The comp I was in, you didn't have a choice, but going head to head was what made it fun. We would have banter with the person we were going against in that week. So for example, 1 week you would go head to head against me, and then the next week you would go head to head against Callmack, and so on (against the others in the comp). We didn't choose when we went against who, as it chose that automatically.

Well when I did fantasy football before, you could see the other person's team. :)
I wouldn't always select the same person as captain though.

Yes it's just like what the clubs have to do in real life. If you don't have good salary cap management then you're not going to go well.
That's what this one is like

callmack1

Staff member
I'm competetive as you know!!!!

I think I'll have to think of some excuses lol!!!!!!

Problem is if I'm at work and a player pulls out in th last hour I will lose points on him, but I can use that as an excuse lol!!!!!!
That's the most annoying part of fantasy footy. Haha

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah see that is what sucks and is what turns me off it
Don't worry bro. That's how I will lose.

So there will be no disadvantage. It's on my excuse list lol!!!! I have to come up with some more too!!!!

It's still fun!!!!!!!!!!!

alien

Referee
so callmack, did you definitely chose head to head league, or open league? head to head is more fun